Would a proper diet(etc) improve our hair quality ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vunoo
    • Jul 2014

Would a proper diet(etc) improve our hair quality ?

Since there isn't much that most of us can do other than taking fin + minox, is there anything that would improve our hair QUALITY? (hair quality, NOT hair loss)

Couldn't find any thread talking about this point, only about it being ineficient treating hair loss, which is not the case.
  • PaddyBateman
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Vunoo
    Since there isn't much that most of us can do other than taking fin + minox, is there anything that would improve our hair QUALITY? (hair quality, NOT hair loss)

Couldn't find any thread talking about this point, only about it being ineficient treating hair loss, which is not the case.
    Yes.

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

No. Diet has no effect on your hair.

Comment

• FeelsBad
        • Oct 2012

No effect on MPB, but certainly an effect on the quality of your hair.

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

The quality of your hair? The quality of your hair only changes when you start to lose it which is what MPB does.

Comment

• Vunoo
            • Jul 2014

Yeah, looking at it that way does make sense. But are you really sure that ur hair quality is 100% MPB-based? For example, when I was 14 I had curly hair and now that I'm 19, my hair is getting each time stranger, kinda like loosing it's own caracteristics. Sure it might be cause it's getting thinner and therefore it would be related to MPB. But isn't ther any way to make it look "better" ? I'm not asking for something that could be capable of doing what fin does, I'm just asking if there is some kind of diet or anything else that could help us out keeping the quality of our hair, and not just stopping it from falling

Comment

• Keki
              • Mar 2015

i think my 1g of oil fish improved my hairs, they much more soft, i tought it was my new balsam conditioner but i used it 2 times i don't think a conditioner used 1 week can be so effective so it must be my 40 days of oilfish, and it has science behind

Comment

• Vox
                • Jan 2013

It is a well established fact that skin, nails and hair need more or less the same nutrients in order to be kept in good shape. There is a variety of such nutrients, from metals like Zinc to amino-acids, that can be taken from food or supplements.

But all this has nothing to do with AGA. That one is unstoppable, so far.

Comment

• walrus
                  • Feb 2012

Diet, exercise, smoking, sleep, or how often you wash your hair have nothing to do with MPB. The prevalence of these kind of myths are what make people think bald men live an unhealthy lifestyle or that it is somehow their own fault.

MPB will affect any measure of hair 'quality', it leads to progressive atrophy, not just 'loss'.

Comment

• FeelsBad
                    • Oct 2012

Can you not read? He specifically said the quality of hair, unrelated to MPB. They are absolutely different things. Look at someone with vitamin deficiencies, they have dull, brittle hair.

Comment

• walrus
                      • Feb 2012

Sure it might be cause it's getting thinner and therefore it would be related to MPB. But isn't ther any way to make it look "better" ?
                      Originally posted by FeelsBad
                      Can you not read? He specifically said the quality of hair, unrelated to MPB. They are absolutely different things. Look at someone with vitamin deficiencies, they have dull, brittle hair.
                      Assuming that OP does indeed suffer from MPB, are you implying that by taking vitamins his hair (that 'might be cause it's getting thinner and therefore it would be related to MPB') would improve in 'quality'?

Please define a measure of hair 'quality' that is not overridingly affected by MPB.

Comment

• hardav11
                        • Oct 2012

Diet

Diet can have an effect on hair loss and changing your diet can help to slow down the rate at which you lose your hair.
                        The loss of the hair through MPB is inevitable though.
                        Autoimmune diseases such as Lupus and bacterial infections such as H Pylori can speed up the loss of your hair.
                        Just buy a pet mouse. They are getting all the breaks regarding haitr loss at the moment.

Comment

Working...