+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default minoxidil useless for me

minoxidil didnt worked for me,my hair loss rate didnt slowed down that much, it was still fast,it was not able to improve my confidence(actually worsening it,as i have to closely look at my hairline two times a day and twice got allergic attacks too)

what should be the action plan for me now! as you all are very experienced in this matter,Please guide me, i am having a test in around 15 days so i might take time to reply,Thank you for your assistance friends,i finally found a place where people dont consider me mentally ill and understand my pain, its 16 so there is no one at my age in my school or locality

Unfortunately no option exists for treating you hair loss outside of finasteride. Best of luck.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Aman' Im glad that you are connecting here with 'us'...
    you of course are NOT mentally ill and if there is someone that would define you in that way,,then it shows that person possibly HAS real mental illness.

You have good guys here willing to help you with unbiased, commonsense advice!
    Please do not allow your emotions to take over your life.
    You WILL be OK my friend and the best way to be OK is to be realistic ...no panicking.
    Cheers!

If your parents are willing to support you to the fullest, ask them to pay therapy for you (hint: if it won't get covered by insurance, therapy is probably going to be really expensive). Therapy can help you a lot with gaining confidence and feeling good again.

Best of luck.

hi Aman!!
    i am also from india and a student of indian institute of technology.what i suggest u to completely delete the suggestion of trenblastoise from ur mind.sides of finasteride are very rare. u can also find it on balding blog website or dr.bernstein's website.in india it is available by the name finax from dr.reddy.i remember that once the dr.rassman said that finax in us is fda approved.And believe me that this drug work 95% of time in younger patient.however it does't stops the balding completely but slows down the process significantly.u may have slight recession in front while on this drug but it doesn't mean that the drug is not working.it works best in mid scalp and vertex.if u start this drug now u would have decent amount of hair through out ur college days where u will make ur future brighter.after getting into job u can consider hair transplant but not now.and there is one more stronger drug called dutasteride(in india dutas) which work better than finasterisde.i started loosing my hair in b.tech 1st year very aggressively.i was very tensed,not studying but after starting the drug within 12 months my hair came back.now i am doing my masters in control system-electrical engineering with decent ammount of hair but slight recession in front.my current regimens are dutas and minoxidil.dutas is working better in front compared to finax.but u shoudn't start with dutas as the chances of side effect are more but i haven't seen any.immediately consult your doctor about thhese medication.

That's some of the most backwards logic I've ever read on here.

To the OP- Do not **** with your hormones at such a young age. You're still developing. Don't touch fin.

There is nothing wrong with **** with your hormones. You're just scaring the poor guy. Finasteride is not plutonium.

Brother, try finasteride. If you keep in mind that most of the sides reported were in people's head then you probably won't have any problems (like me). Ive been taking RU for a year and have been on fin for a month. Hair that was completely gone is now coming back in terminal form. It might not be for you but don't let these guys scare you, in the clinical trials there were people reporting sides with the placebo. If you are worried about erectile dysfunction then it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    That's some of the most backwards logic I've ever read on here.

To the OP- Do not **** with your hormones at such a young age. You're still developing. Don't touch fin.

He's feeling suicidal. Although he needs to go to a therapist first, starting fin is likely going to improve his quality of life instead of decreasing it in his case. Do you really disagree with this?