+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    Perhaps. But perhaps with the right support he could become emotionally more stable and wait a few years later when hormone suppressants are safer. In any case it's a risk v benefit decision
    No doubt that ideally he should wait till 18, just pointing out that a blanket ban may not be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    I disagree about being too young, he's old enough to be balding, he's old enough to be suicidal about balding, I think he's old enough to take the risk.
    I agree though my opinion is heavily biased. However, he's going to have a hard time finding a doc who's willing to prescribe him fin I figure. You could potentionally buy your finasteride online but as you're 16 you're prob not yet able to do so and your parents would have to do this for you and I don't think they would want to do that...

It's only affecting your career? Lucky guy.... it's affecting my LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    It's only affecting your career? Lucky guy.... it's affecting my LIFE.
    Thanks for your input... That will really help the lad

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    Thanks for your input... That will really help the lad
    Totally agree with you, specially senior members and older guys should now better when addressing 16 yo guys looking for help.

Aman, even though you are young you still have some options and getting help from your family and a doctor who can help you with your depression is key at this point my friend.

Hellouser.....come on. Not helpful.

I am currently using nutiderm lotion and a tablet having saw palmetto,doc prescirbed me that,i quit minoxidil long ago and friends please give me some ways to counter,i want to study properly give me some advice on this matter, the examination i am preparing for requires a lot of hardwork,u can check this page about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIT_JEE
    I am feeling suicidal because i am not able to give me full efforts for the preparation,My performance has been affected due to it, i love science and i want to totally get absorbed in it but hair loss prevent me from this, Please give me some advice how to tackle it. In india there is a fierce competition among students to get in a good college(due to large population). I have buzzed my hair to minimize the distraction but its not enough,the girl i love also stopped talking to me due to my poor performance,my parents have high expectations from me(as earlier i was a promising student). I need emotional support from you guys.

my parents are doing what they can do for me and yes they will not agree for fin due to my age, i want them to be happy and they always say that their happiness lies in my happiness and i feel hurt when i see them worried for my career.Also it is affecting my life but at this stage of my life i want to a good career rather than getting laid which would eventually happen once i get a good college

how you guys cope up MPB with work, isnt it affecting your working quality or if you are in college or somewhere ur studies. Life has become really hell now.

Why did you quit minoxidil? I would recommend at the very least you use that. It may buy you some time and possibly grow some of your hair back. Other than that we have finasteride, which I currently use and am having success with. I understand at your age why you would be hesitant to start fin and will leave that decision for you and your parents. There are certain guys on here that are treating their hair loss with "hope", but that is not a very effective treatment. I relied on hope for a cure for many years. All I did was lose hair that I will never get back.