Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brocktherock
    • Dec 2013

Does finasteride help hair on sides?

I have some hair loss on the sides of my head, nothing uncommon but the area above my ear is kind of thing. Has anyone on finasteride seen results in this area?
  • TheUltimatePoet
    • Jul 2011

When they did the studies to prove that finasteride works, they only checked the crown area and top of the head. Based on these results they got the FDA approval.

There is no reason to believe why it wouldn't work anywhere else, but no one is willing to do an expensive study to find out. However, if you read about people's experiences, you will see reports on hair regrowth on temples for instance, even if results like that are not backed by peer reviewd studies. Finasteride works on preserving what you have and if you are lucky, some regrowth in thin areas. If you have completely bald areas, then it will most likely not help.

Comment

• warner8
      • Jan 2015

im shy of 3 months of a being on fin for a full year, and from my experience it will definitely stop the hairloss and keep whatever hair your have when your start the regimen, with maybe a little regrowth, but nothing to write home about. I guess I unfortunately am not one of those patients who experience regrowth with fin.

Comment

Working...