View Poll Results: What do you think i should do.

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shave it off

1 33.33%
  • Use minoxidil or other medication.

2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Im 16 and have been losing my hair for half a year.

At first i didn't know if i really losing my hair for i still am pretty young. Then one day i told my sister to style my hair but when she did i could see my scalp when my hair was wet. I panicked for this was never the case before. I have a counterclockwise whorl or a cowlick in my crown or at least i think i do. Anyways back to topic i nagged my mom about it for a month she took me to a consultant doctor the one were you go if you have a cough or an ache. He said i had a little only gave me a cream and that was it. I nagged my mom to take me to a dermatologist so i could really get examined he said that i was thinning a little in the whorl, he gave me a shampoo called sebryl + and head and shoulders flake for one month one after the other. I did hair still fell out when i was finished. So i told my mother yes i nag alot to take me to an american doctor so she did and i had to wait a month and an hour for the meeting. This doctor said i didn't have anything i was so relieved that i left without asking anything he did however give me a shampoo called narizol or something along those lines. Anyways i didn't buy the shampoo because i didn't find it. To this day hair is still falling and im taking vitamins: saw palmetto - super b complex - biotin - zinc - and fish oil but still im shedding. I don't know if I've gotten worse or what im thinking of trying minoxidil next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	38007   Click image for larger version

Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	38008   Click image for larger version

Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	38009   Click image for larger version

Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	38010   Click image for larger version

Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	38011   Click image for larger version

Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	38012  

I would consider starting finasteride. If you take it now, you may never go bald. Minoxidil is not really going to do much for you as it doesn't address the underlying cause of MPB.

But doesn't finasteride/propecia cause limp dick. I come from a bald headed family tree my grandma my uncle my dad my mom. I knew i was going to go bald one day i just didn't know when. Even if i do take finasteride that will only last a few years no?

I lose about 50 hairs every time i shower i use fructis 3 in one yellow bottle. I lose about 10-30 hairs in my pillow.my hair ends up greasy at night so i shower again and lose another 50 hairs. Tips? The thing is i dont know if all that hair thats falling is growing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaked View Post
    But doesn't finasteride/propecia cause limp dick. I come from a bald headed family tree my grandma my uncle my dad my mom. I knew i was going to go bald one day i just didn't know when. Even if i do take finasteride that will only last a few years no?
    Hey buddy, I'm sorry you have to go through this at such a young age but you still have a few options to fight back

First let me tell u there is only one picture where I can see some thinning (the last one) and it might be the picture but it doesn't fully look like MPB to me, so make sure to go the right doctor before you jump into any treatmet as it might be other type of alopecia.

Second, yes fin is, for now, the best line of defense we have but you are way to young to take it for now. So if you might want to give minoxidil (Rogaine) a try fist, it's much safer and hopefully enough for you.

Worst case scenario you can start fin by the time you are 18 for sometime until something new is available.

Also, if it helps, check the cutting edge forum, you will find a few promising treatments that should be available soon

Good luck

The last one being the wet hair or the one where theres a smudge on the mirror?

No, these side effects are uncommon, and some forum members love scaring other guys. I would read up on the studies. Fin will keep your hair though.

The last one being the wet hair or the one where theres a smudge on the mirror?
    The one where you are using a yellow t shirt and you can see a picture with a flower in the back.

I'm seeing a thinning patch not common in a regular MPB

Yeah in that last picture there is a big old smudge in the mirror in this case the middle of my head. The only picture that shows my thinning is the wet the rest are my hair whorl and what i think is thinning around it. however if you're talking about the top of the picture in this case the back of the top of my head thats the whorl the middle is a smudge of the reflection.

Got it! well in that case your thinning is very insignificant for now and even though you might want to take action its important to put things into perspective and calm down (since its not noticeable yet)

My opinion is that you are too young to star fin. I took fin for 10 years with great results but I started at 20 yo.

Give minox a try if you want and monitor the result...keep in mind shedding will increase a bit at the beginning if you use minox but that is just the way it works