+ Reply to Thread

Default Almost certainly going to have a HT with Dr Hasson, but frankly I'm v worried...

Hi guys,

So, I'm going to have a hair transplant with Dr Hasson in the coming months.

I'm really really worried that I will be one of the unlucky few to get no regrowth of the grafts. I'm also pretty worried about my existing hair being lost (diffuse thinner, I guess). I realise Dr Hasson is the or one of the best, but still, I'm concerned...FUT seems very...do or die, nuclear option so to speak, but FUE just doesn't seem to be very effective.

My worst case scenario is a linear scar with no growth on top and/or shockloss to compound it, meaning I'm in deeper poo than when I started out! Obviously the linear scar is not a problem if the grafts on top take. I just don't want to be left in the scary situation of an unsuccessful transplant, and not even the option in future to clip it number 2.

I was told I have enough donor to cover the entire head even if I lost it all, but then, that doesn't help in the event that the transplant fails.

Can anyone provide any reassurance? I realise my though process is negative hear, but all I keep seeing is the "no guarantees in surgery" mantra!

Thanks

I'm also planning to go to Dr. Hasson. Yet, concerning the online consultation, I was told they could harvest 3500 grafs-I'm planning on sending better pictures "I was hoping for twice that

Rhysmorgan,

Thanks for your interest in having surgery with Dr Hasson. Like with any surgery there are of course risks and there are no guarantees but the risks are reduced greatly that your donor hair will not be wasted when you go to one of the best with a consistent track record of results over many years and satisfied patients. Please drop me an email I would like to assess your case if you have not already had a consultation david@hassonandwong.com

Bergie- Harvesting 7000 grafts in one session is very rare and whilst we are known for large sessions hitting 7k and above happens just once in a while. You need to have high density, a very loose scalp and a big head to get near these numbers. We had a case last week from a UK patient that got over 7.5k of grafts in one session. The online consults are only as effective as the photos and if you want to be sure you could send in a video showing your laxity.

Default Question?

Quote Originally Posted by garageland View Post
    Rhysmorgan,

Thanks for your interest in having surgery with Dr Hasson. Like with any surgery there are of course risks and there are no guarantees but the risks are reduced greatly that your donor hair will not be wasted when you go to one of the best with a consistent track record of results over many years and satisfied patients. Please drop me an email I would like to assess your case if you have not already had a consultation david@hassonandwong.com

Bergie- Harvesting 7000 grafts in one session is very rare and whilst we are known for large sessions hitting 7k and above happens just once in a while. You need to have high density, a very loose scalp and a big head to get near these numbers. We had a case last week from a UK patient that got over 7.5k of grafts in one session. The online consults are only as effective as the photos and if you want to be sure you could send in a video showing your laxity.
    Is it possible to have more grafs taken at a latter date? I was disappointed about the number of grafs, but after further research-I discovered others with a lesser amount, but were able to have 2nd and or 3rd procedures done.

Lightbulb Gooood luck

Quote Originally Posted by rhysmorgan View Post
    Hi guys,

So, I'm going to have a hair transplant with Dr Hasson in the coming months.

I'm really really worried that I will be one of the unlucky few to get no regrowth of the grafts. I'm also pretty worried about my existing hair being lost (diffuse thinner, I guess). I realise Dr Hasson is the or one of the best, but still, I'm concerned...FUT seems very...do or die, nuclear option so to speak, but FUE just doesn't seem to be very effective.

My worst case scenario is a linear scar with no growth on top and/or shockloss to compound it, meaning I'm in deeper poo than when I started out! Obviously the linear scar is not a problem if the grafts on top take. I just don't want to be left in the scary situation of an unsuccessful transplant, and not even the option in future to clip it number 2.

I was told I have enough donor to cover the entire head even if I lost it all, but then, that doesn't help in the event that the transplant fails.

Can anyone provide any reassurance? I realise my though process is negative hear, but all I keep seeing is the "no guarantees in surgery" mantra!

Thanks

When in doubt, get out. Otherwise, it can haunt you later. No one in this industry should be able to gaurantee anything or that risk is reduced. If something screws up, your physiology could be blamed or your a slow grower or it can take more than 2 years for growth. No one can assume that a not so well known clinic cant give you adequate results either. I would highly suggest you have copy of actual surgical consents you are to sign and initial prior to paying deposit rather than the day of your surgery. They reveal things you may not understand the day of your surgery as they may have curveball inclusions. There are many folks that are not online that barely speak about their progress. Probably, less than 5%-10% of folks the clinic has in a year update themselves online, if that. Some results may be posted by clinics themselves. You may not see the complete reality of the situation. Some patients are hushed, while some act favorable for extended perks and benefits, or corrections etc. this is all part of unethical marketing.

I suggest you Make a move when you are comfortable not when you have doubts. It is your choice but definitely evaluate carefully and choose wisely. You do not want poor yield or an issue later that the clinic will not rectify as they said we said there were no guarantees or have you come in for minimal repair to shut you up without mentioning refund. You will pay top dollar and should go where you are fully protected in case of a disaster. Good luck to you.