+ Reply to Thread

Default Frontal thinning- PLEASE HELP

Hi Guys,

I have frontal thinning and a receading hairline. Its affecting me in ways i can't even describe. I have included pictures. Reading these forums is quite disheartening due to lack of success of growing back hair. Every post i read has someone says how awful propecia and rogine are and how much worse they make your hair and how it affects you mentally and physically. what options do i have apart from shaving it all off, which isn't an option as i would look absolutely horrendous. Is there anything that works or helps? Really struggling to find good results. A hair transplant is too expensive for me right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 8.15.36 PM.jpg

Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	37933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 8.15.50 PM.jpg

Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	37934  

There are a lot of people who do have success with Finasteride. However, what most people fail to realise is the main benefit of using it is to slow down your hair loss considerably and in some cases halt it altogether.

Hypothetically let's assume you are losing hair at a rate uniformly of 3% per year but Finasteride reduced the rate to 0.1% per year - in my eyes that is extremely beneficial and a success. I know that is not what you would like to hear as I am guessing you are young and are used to have a thick dense hairline.

Regrowth should be seen as a bonus.

Well I'm 30 so technically not that young. I don't expect to have the thickest hairline in the world, to be honest i never really had one. Would just like to see the floppy thin hairs have a bit more density. Would love to go out of the house and feel confident and not worry about it. Its literally all i think about. Its a real kick in the balls as no one in my family has this problem, on both sides of my family. My bros both have really strong hairlines and thick hair. Ive always been obsessed with my looks and hair even when i was a kid. Im thinking about taking propecia even if just for the placebo effect, to know iam doing something to help stop it.

hello bham im experiencing something very similar and im only 17 i have hair thinning in the front and can see lil but of my scalp in the middle and i dont like it all. can you tell me how ur hair is now since its been 5 years?