+ Reply to Thread

Default RU58841 Myristate

Hey guys, as I mentioned in my initial post here, I have been away from the forums for years, and have been on a recent push to update and reeducate myself, as I need to act soon. I've been reading this board and trying to do as much research as possible, and last night I came across this video, which I thought was very interesting and educational : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXIswIzqEf0 I was surprised to see the video is from 2011, yet I haven't been able to find any info about anyone using 'RU58841 Myristate'. From what I gather, this has all the benefits of RU, but without the potential sides. Apparently the issue is finding the right vehicle for it, but one of the comments in the video states "RUM is very lipid in nature and needs to be dissolved in an oil based carrier (Emu Oil). RUM wont dissolve in largely ethanol based vehicles." That sucks for me as a diffuse thinner, as creams and gels are a real pain... But, I still think this is really interesting, as I'd like to consider RU, but don't want to risk the sides...

So, has anyone given this a try? Or is there nothing to this? I'm just surprised to see this info from years ago, yet no real mention on the boards that I have seen. Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtn View Post
    Hey guys, as I mentioned in my initial post here, I have been away from the forums for years, and have been on a recent push to update and reeducate myself, as I need to act soon. I've been reading this board and trying to do as much research as possible, and last night I came across this video, which I thought was very interesting and educational : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXIswIzqEf0 I was surprised to see the video is from 2011, yet I haven't been able to find any info about anyone using 'RU58841 Myristate'. From what I gather, this has all the benefits of RU, but without the potential sides. Apparently the issue is finding the right vehicle for it, but one of the comments in the video states "RUM is very lipid in nature and needs to be dissolved in an oil based carrier (Emu Oil). RUM wont dissolve in largely ethanol based vehicles." That sucks for me as a diffuse thinner, as creams and gels are a real pain... But, I still think this is really interesting, as I'd like to consider RU, but don't want to risk the sides...

So, has anyone given this a try? Or is there nothing to this? I'm just surprised to see this info from years ago, yet no real mention on the boards that I have seen. Any insight?
    RUM was all the rage a few years ago, everybody was talking about it as it was supposedly more effective and stable than RU. A couple of labs were supplying it (I think mpbtreatments was one) and people tried it but apparently had no luck with the vehicle, despite the vehicle being an oil-based cream which was supposed to be ideal for RUM.

So RUM was forgotten as quickly as it appeared. That's why I'm not getting too excited about OC and Seti just yet, unlike some of the guys here. I've seen this whole thing was too many times before, seen the optimism and the attitude of "this will DEFINITELY replace fin!" and then it all ends in tears.

RUM may actually work, by the way - it's not like anybody on these forums gave it a proper double-blind clinical trial. But it was the perception that it didn't work that led to everybody abandoning hope for it. Hopefully the OC and Seti results speak for themselves and don't go the same way.

ETA: there are still some people trying RUM on other forums. Can find their recent posts with google.

I know this post is from a year ago but thought I'd chime in. The guy who made that video is probably dead - mpbtreatments was owned by a guy called Finfighter - he sold cheap RU that caused some people to die of heart failure, one guy in particular went by the name of Zero on a different forum, Finfighter then closed his mpbtreatments website and ran off. He tried to start up another site called RU-solutions but again after 6 months of operation, sold a load of bunk chemicals then ran off.

I have a feeling the guy in that video you posted and Finfighter are the same person, whoever he is, he's got blood on his hands.