+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vunoo View Post
    Hello dear community and sorry to bother you but lately I've been pretty sad with myself/my life, so I wanted to look for some advices from you guys..

I'll make it really short.. I'm a 19 yo boy who's sttrugling with hair loss like many of u, but I just can't stand living my life like I used to. I am no longer the same type of guy near my friends nor near the girls. All because hair loss has been killing me inside. The "funny" and "pretty" guy is no longer on their books, coming to the point where I even get verbally abused without them knowing that they're actually hurting me.

My dad is the only member of my family (both sides) who has a bald patch and he only started balding on his 30's, everytime I talk with them about this topic, they just ignore the situation. And the dermatologist that I went to last year just said that I had "male pattern baldness" by checking my hair density and that was it.

I've been taking finasteride+minoxidil since I was 18 and so far it doesn't look like it did much to help me fighting this hard journey.

So yeah, I'm here to ask you guys if is ther anything else that can bring the smile to my face that I once had, the joy of living and being near people who think that I matter, that I'm present in their lives.

Please try not to say something like "shave it off and be a man" or "embrace your hair loss". If it hasn't worked so far, then it wouldn't now :/
    When you say finasteride hasn't worked for you, do you have photos that show before and after state?

I noticed some temple loss at 19, since then its been a slow process. Ive been on ru for a year now and have seen decent results so far. I also added minox and finasteride with ZERO sides. If I could go back to 19 I would have taken Finasteride and stayed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    At least they are finding new things associated with hairloss like PGD2.
    If am not mistaken 5 years ago they only thought hairloss was due to genes and DHT.
    knowledge is power. they didn't know much about hairloss a few years ago, and the cell based treatments that failed have provided necessary info on how to succeed. If you're in your teens you'll probably see a full cure before you hit 30, with still plenty of time to enjoy your hair. Just don't place all your value and happiness on one thing, build yourself into a useful and helpful person and the rest will fall into place. everyone gets dealt a bad card at some point.

Thanks for the constructive feedback guys, and yes, fina+minox PROBABLY delayed my hairloss at the very best. But the change isnt something outstanding to say that it is really working or not. I'll give more info as soon as i wake up.

Once again, thanks for the support guys, really appreciated ! (Illu, is fina/minox working for you?)

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    You don't suffer from AGA anymore, you have nothing to worry about.

Is this aimed at me? Also, how can a person that used to have AGA not have it anymore? Am I missing a metaphor?

(Illu, is fina/minox working for you?)

Kinda hard to tell... I've been on fin for about 5 weeks now. First 2 weeks 0.25mg, then 3 weeks 0.5mg and since a few days the full 1mg a day. Hence it's way too short to say if it's actually doing anything. I've been using minox for 1,5 months, so also not that long. It hasn't done anything significant, had a big minoxidil shedding in the beginning though so that's a good sign I guess.

I've been using RU for about 4 months now. I don't really have much of an itch anymore because of RU, so that's good. I actually want to up my concentration of RU (using 3,5% right now) but don't have the money to do so...

Anyway I'm just taking pics from time to time to see how things are going. Around july will be the half mark for fin and minox so that's a good time to evaluate imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Kinda hard to tell... I've been on fin for about 5 weeks now. First 2 weeks 0.25mg, then 3 weeks 0.5mg and since a few days the full 1mg a day. Hence it's way too short to say if it's actually doing anything. I've been using minox for 1,5 months, so also not that long. It hasn't done anything significant, had a big minoxidil shedding in the beginning though so that's a good sign I guess.

I've been using RU for about 4 months now. I don't really have much of an itch anymore because of RU, so that's good. I actually want to up my concentration of RU (using 3,5% right now) but don't have the money to do so...

Anyway I'm just taking pics from time to time to see how things are going. Around july will be the half mark for fin and minox so that's a good time to evaluate imo.
    Hoping for the best for ya Hair loss as a teen can be so freaking stressfull.. I mean, why do we have to get hurt in the knee so soon? Couldn't this bullshit wait until our 30's at least :/

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Every year there's talk here about some new meds or treatments. And it always ends the same: either the treatment has huge side effects or doesn't work at all. So I don't think 'things are looking decent' at all. They look like they looked 5 years ago. And most probably will look in 5 years from now too.

You can live your life, worrying about your hair, thinking you can't have a relationship with a nice looking woman because of your hairloss. Or you could make something of your life, enjoy it and the girls will follow. Just my 2 cents.
    That's what I've been trying to do. But society can literally shit on top of ur head without them noticing. So sometimes, even if you're having a good day, a sentence like "man, you're balding!" Is enough to bring you down once again...

That's what I've been trying to do. But society can literally shit on top of ur head without them noticing. So sometimes, even if you're having a good day, a sentence like "man, you're balding!" Is enough to bring you down once again...
    I dont think you need to explain how that feels, we're all in that same boat And yeah of course it sucks. You can try current meds (fin/minox) but if those dont work out like you want, you're pretty much out of options. And then it just boils down to what I said earlier. Keep in mind that others dont control how you feel. It's you. And women in general rather prefer a bald secure man, who makes them feel comfortable and makes them laugh than an insecure *sshole with girly long hair, that's a fact. It's all the advice I can give you.

Even if fin "doesn't work" don't get off it. Trust me on this.