Spex’s eyebrow documentation with Lumigan (bimatoprost ophthalmic 0.03%)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Spex’s eyebrow documentation with Lumigan (bimatoprost ophthalmic 0.03%)

Spex’s eyebrow experiment and documentation with Lumigan (bimatoprost ophthalmic 0.03% solution ).

I’ve never had the strongest eyebrows and after speaking to many people and in particular Dr Feriduni regarding eyebrows I’ve decided to do an experiment which I intend to document here to see the benefits of applying Lumigan for 8-12 months to see if and to what degree it can help bulk up and assist my weak eyebrows. Patients I have spoken too who have applied this to their eyebrows have spoken of solid improvements.

I have a number of baby/miniaturized hairs in the eyebrow that hopefully with the use of Lumigan I can strengthen and salvage - Time will tell.

Bimatoprost is a prostaglandin analogue sold in the US, Canada and Europe by the pharmaceutical company Allergan. It was first marketed under the trade name Lumigan (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.01% or 0.03%) to reduce intraocular pressure in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension. In the UK you require a private prescription from your GP for it.

Researchers noticed the drug had the side effect of stimulating eyelash growth and darkening of the eyelashes in patients with glaucoma.

Allergan re-applied for US Food and Drug Administraton (FDA) approval for bimatoprost for the cosmetic purpose of eyelash growth under the new name Latisse.

In December 2008, bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03% was approved by the FDA as a treatment for eyelash hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough eyelashes).

My Left eyebrow today on 11th March 2015

I will keep you updated and let you know of any improvements!

Best
    Spex
    A world renowned hair loss and hair transplant adviser. Spex has received several hair transplant procedures along with appropriate treatments!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.
  • Dan26
    • Jul 2012

Buddy I think you have BDD!

Just joking man...I saw this at my dermatologist office it's $200 for 5ml, insane.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

BDD.... Who me ?!? ;-) All good !

It isn't cheap however with a private PX from GP its doable here in the UK. 1 3ML bottle cost me £45 which will last on eyebrows 2+ months... 1 drop per brow per day - I will let you know how i get on and how long bottle lasts :-)

I will update info here and on my website : http://spexhair.com/spex-eyebrow-documentation/

Best
      Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Swooping
        • May 2014

Don't really understand the additional value of this experiment on this forum. Good luck nonetheless! Your eyebrows are perfectly fine too imo.

Comment

• Spex
          Dr Representative
          • Nov 2008

Cheers - I will keep you all informed!
          Best
          Spex

Comment

• Spex
            Dr Representative
            • Nov 2008

Hi ,

Here is a picture i took today - Definite improvement even after 2 months in my opinion. Might not be so clear in pic but in person I'm feeling an improvement. Will be interesting to see what next 4-8 weeks brings.

Regards
            Spex

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

Hey guys,

June 16th 2015 update - Definite progress in my opinion.

Last edited by Spex; 06-16-2015, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Spex
                Dr Representative
                • Nov 2008

4th August - Still continuing to improve.
                Regards
                Spex

Attached Files

Comment

• TubZy
                  • Feb 2015

When do you apply it? Once a day? Before bed?

Comment

• warner8
                    • Jan 2015

not to be mean, but what is the point of this thread? bimatoprost is already proven to regrow eyelashes and eye brows which this thread confirms? what about actual scalp hair??

Comment

• Spex
                      Dr Representative
                      • Nov 2008

Hi guys,

I apply one drop per eyebrow at night before bed. Over the summer I slacked off a little but back on it regularly now.

November 4th 2015updated picture. Very positive !

http://spexhair.com/spex-eyebrow-documentation/

Regards
                      Spex

Comment

• Artista
                        • Apr 2010

Hey Spex!! Just wanted to say HELLO! Its been quite a while since last we spoke.

Did you see any of my postings of my upcoming patient participation in
                        Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus Phase Testings this month?

It could be a 'game-changer' but no one can really know until his phase testings are all
                        completed and proven out, either way.

Cheers!

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

Hi Artista, Its been a while - I hope all is very well with you !

I haven't seen your postings but will definitely look them up and have a good read when i get time. Good luck with it all.

Regards
                          Spence

Comment

• Spex
                            Dr Representative
                            • Nov 2008

Pics taken 11th Feb 2016.

Regards
                            Spex

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                              • Jan 2011

Minoxidil already does this for me lol. Makes my eyebrows all bushy somehow, kind of, not like the Cookie Monster, but to me it becomes noticeable since I see them everyday and notice the change in their thickness. I don't even apply minoxidil on them, I guess just over time, maybe rubbing them while I still have minox liquid on my hand, or maybe the minox drips down from my hairline and on to my eyebrows. Whatever it is, minoxidil definitely does something to my eyebrows without me applying it on them myself.

Comment

Working...