Hair loss due to stress and diet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keren
    • Feb 2016

Sometimes emotional or physical stress can lead to hair loss. But the kind of stress that causes you to lose your sleep. I don't think the kind of stress one faces coz of work load and coz of hectic routine can cause anyone to lose their hair but unless its long-term and some significant events that have been stressful, may show some effects in fact not just on hair but over all health. Also diet plays an important role which many just might ignore. However, to combat this issue simply follow an iron-rich diet, you can take supplements of vitamins essential for hair like biotin, vitamin B in case if your diet is become poor.

If not controlled in time & ignored the problem can worsen and lead to infections like telogen effluvium as jame states in fact there are other infections related to hair as well caused by stress. Which will then need a doctors consultation along with prolonged treatment.

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

I really have doubts about stress doing anything for MPB. I still have my doubts about diet too, but I think there is some chance a diet could alter androgen levels to some amount so maybe it could have some minor effect. No good evidence for diet controlling MPB though that I am aware of
      There are hobos, prisoners, and others that eat very little or eat poorly and have almost perfect hairlines at older ages. They would be lacking some of those very key ingredients people say is essential for hair growth yet there hair grows perfectly fine. Very hard for me to buy into the diet angle, but its possible. I think its just some malfunction or inhibitor like androgens or something deeper that stops hair growth verses nutrients you need to keep hair growing.

Comment

• nainamarmmklinik
        • Feb 2016

With each type of hair loss, the exact link between the hair loss and stress is somewhat unclear.

-While stress will sometimes cause the hair loss directly, other times, the stress makes an existing condition worse. In some cases, the hair loss will cause the stress, rather than the other way around.
        -Although most instances of hair loss will not require any significant medical attention, in some cases the hair loss is not the result of stress (as you might believe), but is in fact a symptom of a more serious underlying issue. Therefore, it important that you see your doctor rather than self-diagnosing.
        -Some of the more serious conditions which can lead to hair loss include hypothyroidism, auto-immune diseases such as lupus and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). With hypothyroidism and PCOS there are treatment options available which can help hair to grow back. However, with auto-immune related hair loss, the loss is often permanent.

Diet is Important : Eat at least three, well-balanced meals a day. Never skip breakfast, as it gets your metabolism going in the morning and helps to prevent cravings for unhealthy snacks before lunch.

Comment

Working...