+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 outlook.

Vvvvvvvvv

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I know it's a rough time right now with not much news coming in. We are in the middle of trials for a lot of drugs, and waiting for other companies to start trials as well. It may seem as though there is nothing on the horizon, and in 2012 we thought we would have had Aderans and Histogen here by now for sure, but hey, such is life.

To keep your heads up, and look at this position rationally, we are the luckiest sufferers of AGA to date, in regards to research being done and improvements being made.

1. Transplant results are getting better and better, and within the next two years we will have a scarless, minimally invasive procedure, with better yield than we have ever seen and MAYBE regeneration. I personally believe we will see it to at least some extent (hopefully Dr. Wesley's changes to his instrument still have him focusing on it, because the science IS there.)

2. Bim, this product could be to the market REALLY soon. They just finished phase IIb trials, in which they were using dosages 10x higher than previous research used. Joe from stat, and Spencer both have heard that the results are promising and it could have people coming off propecia and minox. (that's just rumors though, wait to see results by the end of this year/beginning of next)

3. SM, this drug came out of NOWHERE. No one had a single clue that it was being tested in Australia and it is now in the middle of a phase II trial involving over 300 patients in the US. It's focusing on the WNT pathway, and they are only testing it on nw4+ patients.

4. CB, in the middle of phase II POC trials, testing at 5% twice daily and it is supposed to be a finasteride or better without side effects.

5. Replicel, has major backing and they are testing an improved formula on a number of patients, probably at least 3 years out though.

6. Histogen, they haven't come out and said it, but I personally believe they are dead because they were supposed to start phase IIb by now. Reality of it is, their results probably weren't good enough to get the money as investors see other drugs/treatments that have more potential... ex: you don't buy a 2015 ford f250 the day before the 2016 model, that has been redesigned, is going to be released

7. Kythera (setipiprant) cotseralis work going to be tested in trials. This drug is going straight into phase II testing and only needs phase II then Phase III to be released..so it has potential to make it out within 3 years if the results are promising. This will be a good indicator of if the pgd2 pathway is a major factor and will pretty much be the start/end of cots and his work.

8. PRP therapy. It's only getting better, as doctors are gaining more knowledge on growth factors and concentrations..etc. the treatment is improving. I have seen some amazing results in some patients, it just needs to become more consistent.

9. Follicept, may or may not be anything..but we will know in a few months.

10. research continues to advance on bioengineering follicles and finding a real cure. It may be 50 years, or it may be 5 years...but at the rate our knowledge on the subject is advancing..I think we will see a real cure sometime in the next 15 years. There are more research teams working on this than we know, and we are gaining knowledge faster and faster.

11. AA has been cured by accident. You never know what the next day brings..the same could happen for AGA.
    When you say SM, what drug are you referring to?

I googled SM and nothing came up

USA will spend around 100 bilions of dollars in new techology and weapon. How much money goverment will spend for new potential treatments in medicine?

The army just put a lot money into researching 3d printing which imo, is the cure. Anything before 2006 was bullsh*t, we couldn't even create ips cells. I would say now the whole" 5 years and cure can be here", is a reality. I just read they can create ips cells into an earlier development stage called PGCs. Idk if it helps with hairloss, but it shows how fast we are advancing with technology.

I would say the cure gets here around 2022-2025. Unless they go through japan. But 2016 will give us a better outlook on the future of this cure.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    I would say the cure gets here around 2022-2025. Unless they go through japan. But 2016 will give us a better outlook on the future of this cure.
    2025? I really hope that's not the case. Not looking forward to jumping off a bridge.

Hey, hey, easy now Bosox, calm down. Let's not throw that kinda thing around lightly...
    Don't even joke about that.

Couple of things:
    Don't ignore or deny the pain of this. Face it. Breathe.

Do everything you can. Bimatoprost, setipiprant, follicepts, whatever... Maybe smp

Have you got the money ready? If Pilofocus were to be released could you afford it? If not get that money together..

There will be a time when we're past this. Make sure you can look yourself in the eye in the mirror when that happens, and know that you are a man through and through

well in 2015 alone, you're gonna get the BIM results(well hopefully), CB phase II results, SM phase II results, the startup of histogen phaseIIb and replicel phase IIb so there is alot in the books this year.

this is without knowing the new discoveries that seem to come out every year that noone expects.

is there still a negative here? sure, these treatments are still a few years away, but I think guys forget where we were in even 2010, there was little to no news at all, maybe something on histogen or a really old failed drug, but there definitely wasnt this much happening.

the cure or a much more helpful drug is 100% on the way very soon, but the drug process is very long, people have to be patient here.