+ Reply to Thread

Default SUN PHARMA, Aurobindo Pharma finasteride 1mg

Hello,
    In July of 2013 I began taking Sun Pharma 1mg finasteride (substitute for propecia). I didn't notice any shedding (no significant shedding), although hair loss was the last thing on my mind. I had been taking the name brand propecia for about 2 years prior, and my hairloss had completely stopped.
    In December of 2014, I started to notice significant hair loss. At this point I went to my parents home where there is a well lit bathroom, and I noticed my hair had significantly thinned. The hair loss must had been happening for months before I even noticed it.
    In Feburary of 2015, I switched back to the name brand propecia, however; my hair loss continues to be significant.
    Right now I am attributing my hair loss to the generic medication. This medication was prescribed by my doctor and obtained from my local US pharmacy.
    Does anyone have any experience with SUN PHARMA or Aurobindo Pharma finasteride 1mg tablets?

Since there are no replies as of yet, I will advise against using generic propecia from either of those manufacturers.
    Both SUN and Aurobindo are FDA approved manufacturers for finasteride 1mg tablets. The bottle from the pharmacy is labeled as "substitute for propecia", but in my opinion they don't work. I have lost significant amounts of hair on these generic brands. I'm happy to answer any questions on this matter.

I take generic finasteride produced by Cipla. I haven't tried SUN PHARMA or Aurobindo Pharma, but your concern is completely understandable. As I've been explained the effectiveness could really depend on the company that produces the drug. The main ingredient of generic meds is the same as in the brand one, however different companies could add flavors that shouldn't but sometimes affect the effectiveness. Try Cipla's fin, I haven't had any problems with their product.

Thanks RanDave,
    I have went back to name brand propecia. It is about double the price of the generics, but I have great success with it in the past. finasteride should be finasteride no matter who makes it, but I'm convinced that isn't the case.
    I'm struggling to identify other sources of hair loss besides taking the generic propecia. If I attribute the hair loss to the generics, then the pills I was taking literally did nothing at all. My hair loss and shedding have progressed to the point where I believe it would have been had I stopped taking any kind of finasteride for 18 months.

Surely, we are all different and one and the same medication being it generic or brand can have different results on different people.
    Do you take Propecia alone? Have you ever combined it with any hair loss foams? I'm just curious if it works.

I just recently started using a minoxidil foam in the last month. Prior to this, I only used propecia with great results.

Propecia also works great for me, I consider to add minoxidil foam to my regimen to get even better results.

I would stick with the name brand. I was hoping many people had taken 1mg generic propecia and could share their experience.