+ Reply to Thread

Default First Post Here. What Do You Think?

I'm 19, a university student studying cs, and just slightly worried. I've kept an eye on my hair for awhile.

My father is bald, his father was not. My other grandfather died in his 40's, but he still had hair at that time.

I have to admit that hair loss doesn't bother me enough to make me want to do much to prevent it, I would rather at least know if I should expect it. If it ever receded in a way that wasn't manageable I would probably just bic my head and call it. I mean I'm not against using a light treatment like rogaine, but I don't think I'll consider anything more intrusive.

I say it doesn't bother me, but I end up at 1am thinking about my hair. I guess I'm just looking for some support since it's not an easy thing to get others to talk about.

Anyways, I've provided two sets. One set of 5 where I wet my hair and combed it back. The other set of 2 is my dry hair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1454wet.jpg

Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	37853Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1451wet.jpg

Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	37854Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1452wet.jpg

Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	37855Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1442wet.jpg

Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	37856Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1455wet.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	37857Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1465.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	37858Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1368 (1).jpg

Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	37859

Consult your doctor about fin.considering your age it will halt the process and occasionally may reverse the process.

I know everyone's hairline is different, but would you consider this the early stages of male pattern baldness or is that also part of the consult your doctor part? I definitely feel like my hair is thinner in the parts where i suspect it of receding.

I also don't know if my haircut does it any favors because the barber left the front a little long to part easier.

Sorry to say, but you are balding. As far as what to expect, well the fact that you started so early might be a sign that it is going to happen pretty fast. You mentioned that you are fine with shaving and I would say if you can handle that then go for it. I cant do that unfortunately so I am using treatments.

Keep in mind that it is easier to keep hair on your head, then it is to get it back. If you are thinking of treating your hair loss, don't do what I did. Get on it early.

Thanks fro taking the time to reply. I don't know where I'll go from here, I have a lot to think about now.

Quote Originally Posted by cewmjcm View Post
    Thanks fro taking the time to reply. I don't know where I'll go from here, I have a lot to think about now.
    I would say do what is really best for you. Don't put too much weight into what I say or what somebody else on here says. The decision is going to effect you and you only. If you want to try to save your hair, then learn about the available treatments and make your decision based on as many facts as you can get. If you don't want to take meds to treat your hair loss then that is fine too. If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask.