+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Carlos Wesley, MD's Avatar

film Pilioscopy - Advancements in Surgical Hair Restoration

Highlights of my lecture with detailed illustrations, video and images covering the status of Piloscopy in 2015. The initial lecture was presented at the American Academy*of Cosmetic Surgery Conference in New Orleans, LA in January 2015.*

Carlos Wesley, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    844-745-6362
    http://www.drcarloswesley.com
    info@drcarloswesley.com

Very impressive Dr. Wesley. Keep up your good work and ignore the naysayers. A lot of people don't understand what all goes into new technology like this, and get upset with delays, but we appreciate you being so thorough in your design and trials. I've read a lot into the theory surrounding donor regeneration and am cautiously optimistic when it comes to your next phase trial.

All the best, and good luck.

Also, I know it's impossible to give an exact timeline..and challenges can delay things..but when do you see yourself using this in practice? Also, when will you be updating the forums to any results/lack of results in regards to regeneration? are you still planning on assessing that in your next trial?

Best, and thanks again.

Thank you so much for presenting this Dr. Wesley, wow! To be 100% honest the only reason I had any faith in Pilioscpy is because Spencer Kobren believed in it and said what he said about it on his radio show. He basically predicted the exact results that you have shown us today. At first I thought it was just a gimmick like everything else, just another name for FUE, but he was right when he said how impressed he as with the technology. I am blown away by your advancements Dr. Wesley, I hope it all pans out. It looks like the future is really bright for even less traumatic hair transplants. Thank you again for your efforts!

I have a question Dr. Wesley. For the past year, Spencer has been saying that he firmly believes that robotics will be the future in hair transplants. Do you think some day your technology can be adapted into a robotic arm like other surgical tools? Since you are already working laparoscopically and the movements would be even more precise, I would think it would be possible. Just curious if this is something you have considered?

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    I have a question Dr. Wesley. For the past year, Spencer has been saying that he firmly believes that robotics will be the future in hair transplants. Do you think some day your technology can be adapted into a robotic arm like other surgical tools? Since you are already working laparoscopically and the movements would be even more precise, I would think it would be possible. Just curious if this is something you have considered?
    I’m pretty sure that Spencer discussed this possibility on one of the shows he did with Joe Tillman. My only concern is what the possible damage is under the scalp and will it hinder future surgeries. Don’t get me wrong, the video is really impressive, but can this be done safely and predictably by every doctor? That is a issue that Spencer brings up all the time on the show. Any comments on this Dr. Wesley?

This video is pretty good. Keep up with the good work Dr.Wesley. I hope we will hear nice news from you in near future)

How to see the video?

Sorry you are having trouble viewing the video. Can you please let me know what browser and operating system you are using so we can rectify the issue?
    In the meantime here’s the link to the video: https://vimeo.com/121565430

It has been a few months now and if possible would like an update from Dr Wesley. This is a very exciting approach...