+ Reply to Thread

Default Would u consider hair transplant at this stage?

Ive lost alot on my temples as u can se and my forhead is very big.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	37816Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg

Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	37817Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	37818

Looks perfectly fine imo. Maybe you lost a lot of your temples compared to what you had but on average, this is only minor recession. You could consider a HT but that would be mainly for yourself to feel confident again, looks-wise it's not going to matter that much imo. After all, you're still a solid NW2

Too much risk involved. You look fine. Don't do it. If you were a NW3-4+ then maybe after lots and lots and lots of research.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguy View Post
    Too much risk involved. You look fine. Don't do it. If you were a NW3-4+ then maybe after lots and lots and lots of research.
    What risks? I am considering a HT.

How old are you? Are you treating your hair loss? I personally would not consider a transplant if your hair loss isn't stabilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    What risks? I am considering a HT.
    1. As Notcoolanymore stated, you need to know your natural receding/loss rate and ensure your hair loss has stabilized. After a HT you will still be losing native hair if you don't.
    2. You'll need to be on meds for life to stabilize your loss and retain your native hair after a HT. Many other risks are associated to meds and you should do your own research on that, but I still think meds are crucial if you go through with a HT. There is also the risk of meds not working anymore, and then you'll end up with permanent hair on corners and a bald frontal/crown. Same if you don't take meds.
    3. Risk of unnatural results
    4. Risk of noticeable scarring that is hard to hide
    5. Risk of low or no yield
    6. Once you go through a HT, you can't go back. You can't shave your head and have a sly clean bald look if you're not happy with the results.

3, 4, and 5 is highly doctor dependent, but everyone's situation is different, so you still have to think about these risks even with a good recommended doctor. That is why we suggest HT be last resort and for people who has stabilized their hair loss (typically NW3+ and at a very mature age)

This is just the basics, I recommend you do your due diligence to make sure you understand what a HT can and can't provide.

1. As Notcoolanymore stated, you need to know your natural receding/loss rate and ensure your hair loss has stabilized. After a HT you will still be losing native hair if you don't.
    2. You'll need to be on meds for life to stabilize your loss and retain your native hair after a HT. Many other risks are associated to meds and you should do your own research on that, but I still think meds are crucial if you go through with a HT. There is also the risk of meds not working anymore, and then you'll end up with permanent hair on corners and a bald frontal/crown. Same if you don't take meds.
    6. Once you go through a HT, you can't go back. You can't shave your head and have a sly clean bald look if you're not happy with the results.

3, 4, and 5 is highly doctor dependent, but everyone's situation is different, so you still have to think about these risks even with a good recommended doctor. That is why we suggest HT be last resort and for people who has stabilized their hair loss (typically NW3+ and at a very mature age)

This is just the basics, I recommend you do your due diligence to make sure you understand what a HT can and can't provide.
    +1

I understand Point 1 & 2, it will look weird if the native hairs are gone and leave the transplated hairs here and there.

But if I have a bald crown spot, then that won't matter, I just fill the spot.

And even has the problem of Point 2, we can have a second procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    I understand Point 1 & 2, it will look weird if the native hairs are gone and leave the transplated hairs here and there.

But if I have a bald crown spot, then that won't matter, I just fill the spot.

And even has the problem of Point 2, we can have a second procedure?
    Hence my last point about doing your due diligence about what a HT can and can't provide. You can never get the full density you currently have at your frontal zone and crown. HT at best will only give an illusion of density. If you ever needed a second transplant, it's most likely the results of the first HT. For some people with severe hair loss, the benefits outweighs the risks. For you, imho it doesn't, but that's your choice. These are things I wish I had known before I took the dive.

^wrote it addressing OP, but same point should be taken