+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

mcr your results are amazing mate, congrats, especially when compared to the original photo. It's almost unbelievable that you achieved this just through Propecia, not that I'm doubting you haha

What stage did you start adding the 0.5mg Dutasteride, and do you think this has made a noticeable difference?

Cheers.

Thanks. I guess it's just luck that I responded to Propecia so well. I started adding the Dutasteride about 3-4 months ago. I won't be able to tell how well it's working because I am taking Finasteride too. Hard to know whether the results are due to continued finasteride usage, or Dutasteride. However science indicates that Dutasteride is even more effective at lowering DHT levels, so my reasoning is that if Finasteride worked well, it can't hurt to try Dutasteride.

And I've started using *******15+ now too. I hate having to. It leaves an oily sheen along the hairline.

Default Dut

Why would you take Dut if Propecia is working so well??

Your regrowth is so amazing...

How did your hair look by the 1st month? what about 2nd? 3rd 4th?

When did it still look the same? And when did it START to change?

I am one month in...nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAllen45 View Post
    Why would you take Dut if Propecia is working so well??
    It's called hair greed. It's never enough. You always want more.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Your regrowth is so amazing...

How did your hair look by the 1st month? what about 2nd? 3rd 4th?

When did it still look the same? And when did it START to change?

I am one month in...nothing yet.
    Honestly, I didn't start seeing noticeable regrowth until the 5th or 6th month, and after that everytime I get a hair cut I notice my hair is a little fuller. You should know how well it's working by the 12th month in my opinion. Be patient in the first few months.

Good!

Maybe there is hope for me... I still think concealers and stuff is a great extra when I get some regrowth. I will use them even if I get HSC and a hair transplant. It will just make it "better"

so if your greedy like me...get some concealers and use it in moderation. It will make your hair much better and noone will know...maybe you will even forget about it yourself lol

I am reluctant to try concealers because my hairloss is in the temples, I'd be freaking out all day worrying that people can see it. Right now I have enough hair that I can style it to cover the temples and still look normal. Right now I can even take a shower and go out with my hair wet without showing much hairloss, which I used to not be able to.

Also, I noticed that ******* gives my hair a little body and makes it thicker, even after I wash it off.

In your case (and mine), I think you should just do whatever you can to... keep the hair (!) until there is a cure. The current treatments should get us through the next 5 years.

And I don't mean to get philosophical on you, but I think hairloss has been a blessing in disguise. I used to be quite confident - even ****y - because of my good looks; girls used to tell me how handsome I look, and many friends told me they wished they had hair like mine.

It looked something like this http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/38...0.364x640.jpeg

By age 20 hairloss had hit me like a train, and I was just an average guy trying to hide his temples. A girl once looked at an old picture of me and commented on how I used to be so handsome.

Even though I was just a Norwood II or so, it made a big difference. I had a big shift in personality and became more introverted. It's been a humbling experience; I am now more sensitive to others generally. But I would still give anything to go back to Norwood I.

It's only a good thing if you can reverse it! Otherwise it is definitely a horrible thing in life, no matter what personality gains you get. It will destroy you in a sense...since looks are how people see you. So that...is how they SEE you.

most of my loss is at the temples also... And I doubt I am getting any of it back... I am just hoping that dermmatch or a spray can just somewhat thicken the existing hair to make it look better.

From now on everytime I think of lending someone money, spending money on expensive food...or buying junk...I will just say, hey man...that large pizza could have been 1 CIT graft from Dr. Cole!

!!!!!!!!!

Default Good Job

Those are amazing results! I'm glad it worked so good for you, gives me a little bit of hope for me. If I could get that much hair back It would be one good day.

Thanks. How well Propecia works depends on genetics I guess. It's a good thing you're tackling this problem early. Also it looks like you look good with a shaved head which a lot of people do not.

Another big advantage is that you are young, hopefully there will be a cure in 3-5 years and you will get to enjoy a full head of hair while you are young. Either way good luck to you.