+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

MCR - Amazing results! How long did it take for the Propecia to kick in? I have been on it for 5 months now and I haven't seen any results yet. I know it is still early but I'm hoping for the best! Also, did you experience a shed?
    Thanks

Hey Mike82, I can't say that I experienced a shed. It was a slow, gradual thickening of the hair for me. I started noticing results around the 3-4 month mark I'd say. I could see definite results at 6 months. The guy who cuts my hair made the remark that my hair was getting fuller, but it could be that he was just being nice. Either way beyond the 6 month mark the results continued to come in, and I feel they haven't quite stopped yet.

I notice them most when I get a hair cut, my hair just looks a little bit fuller everytime.

I am however looking to restore my hairline, and it seems a HT is the only way to do it.

What level hairloss do you have? If Propecia has done nothing so far but stop hairloss, that's still pretty good. Maybe growth will come later.

I am thinning pretty evenly all over the top of my head. My scalp isn't totally exposed yet but if the propecia doesn't kick in soon it will be. On top of all that I've got some really weird dandruff which I never had before. Hopefully in just a few more short months things will be better.

I've taken a high resolution picture to show the regrowth. I've mentioned that Propecia had somewhat reversed hair loss in my frontal hairline.

You'll see big, fully grown hairs along the hairline, and also small hairs that are just starting to regrow. I don't know if these will actually turn into fully grown hairs.

The file size is large so I couldn't upload it to the forum. Go here:

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/dscf0012m.jpg/

Click on "full size" below the picture. The picture will pop up in a new window. You may need to click to zoom in 100% on it, then you can use the zoom tool in the bottom right in Internet Exporer to zoom in/out.

You hair looks great, that’s only from Propecia?

Yes Propecia only. The only other thing I tried very briefly is minoxidil (******* 15%) but I think I'm allergic to it.

I remember seeing this thread some time ago.

Awesome results man...really amazing. I wish I can have similar results. Would change my life lol.

But again...amazing results man.

I think I get side effects too perhaps though I am not sure. I think its the minoxidil but...it might be because I am sick lately. I don't know.

I think I have naturally low blood pressure and it might be making things worse. I just have no clue.

nice results mcr! I am on my 5th month of taking propecia, i've started taking it every other day to save costs and i've read up that taking it every other day works pretty much just as well as taking it daily.

I noticed that in the 4th month of taking propecia, my hair has gotten thicker, i can see my scalp less, esp. when i put hair product in it.

The problem i'm having is the past 2 weeks i've been getting a few side effects: loss of morning erection, loss of libido. At one point i got the feeling of decreased sensitivity to my penis and htat made me really nervous.

How long did it take you to get over the side effects? And what was going through your head? Right now I'm nervous to keep continuing on it because I don't want to damage my sex life (i'm only 25 and have always had a high libido) but i also want to keep the hair growth i seem to have gained. Any advice? Thanks.

My main advice is and will always be: talk to your doctor. No lay person can replace the opinion of a medical professional. The symptoms you have may or may not be related to Propecia. The only one who can answer that is a doctor.

As far as the side effects, I didn't care much to be honest. They're not permanent, and they usually go away after a few months, which they did after 3 or 4 months in my case.

I wouldn't stop taking it.

Time for a little update: It seems I am winning the war against genetics. It's pure luck, but I continue to experience raging regrowth of hair. This has affected my confidence as I look now younger than I did 5 years ago.

I recently had a comment from a guy younger than I, he's a norwood III or IV, shaves his head. He told me I look 18. Obviously I don't look 18, but I knew what he meant, and I knew how he felt about his hairloss.

I go out much more frequently now, carry myself with more confidence. I just FEEL good about myself.

I need just a little bit more hair around my temples to have a cosmetically acceptable hairline that is close to Norwood I or so, where hairloss would not be too detectable. I also find growing my hair out helps me style it in a way that is more presentable.

My hairline continues to recover and grow more hair, and I am going to use *******15+ on my temples and help those small hairs grow. If you compare the pic attached to those in my original post, it looks like nothing short of a miracle.

My daily regimen remains:
    1 mg Finasteride
    0.5mg Dutasteride
    and I will add the *******.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snap0092-.jpg

Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	4866