+ Reply to Thread

Default Overusing Minox killing some parts of my hairline???

Hey guys first I'd like to apologize on behalf of my English, I'm born and raised Europe so my english is sloppy to some extent. But anyways cutting to the chase, i'm a 22 year old male who went on the regimen of using Nizoral 2% three times a week in the shower, and also have been using Kirkland minoxidil 5% twice a day (recommended doses) on my hairline for the past 10 months. I got incredible results by the time i hit my 4-5 month mark and really thought i put a hault to my hairloss issues. All my hair was super thick and had plenty regrowth going from a norwood 3 to a norwood 2.

The beginning of (Month 8) I noticed some shedding. It wasnt to drastic nobody really realized anything yet but I do see my hairline deteriorating in a certain part which is at the front where it would be consider the tip of my "v" shaped hairline. I know prior to my minoxidil use and at my prime time (Month 4-8 on Minoxidil) the tip of my "V" shaped hairline was never so thin and I'm wondering if this new thinness is a result of me putting minoxidil where it shouldnt be? Now when I think about it knowing my natural "V" hairline I really had no reason to put minoxidil on the tip of my hairline because their really was not hair loss there to begin with; I just applied it their because I thought maybe I could change my V hairline into a more i guess childlike hairline but im thinking that was a mistake now because minox is eating the front tip part of my V line.

For the time being I have stopped applying minoxidl to this area and hoping it will recover. Do you guys have any idea how long it will take to come back? It's been about two months and I think maybe their is a small improvement.

I started with Minox when I was 23 with great results like yourself. I did not see a wane in its effective ness until I turned 27 when my DHT levels in my scalp rose to a higher level as my MPB progressed. I'd suggest getting on Propecia at this point. From my experience once the minox starts losing its effective, then its downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    I started with Minox when I was 23 with great results like yourself. I did not see a wane in its effective ness until I turned 27 when my DHT levels in my scalp rose to a higher level as my MPB progressed. I'd suggest getting on Propecia at this point. From my experience once the minox starts losing its effective, then its downhill from there.
    Warner did you experience any periodic shedding as time progressed? I'm thinking about starting propecia when im edging back to a norwood 3. For now my hair really does not look bad especially on the left side where for whatever reason my hairloss hit me the most before minoxidil. I mean before minoxidil I had a v line hair line but it was a very sharp V and the left side had lots of thinning. Now the thinning is has improved dramatically but the point of my V hairline is deteriorating slowly.

I used the minox off and on; everytime i restarted it, id have another shed cycle, but not as drastic as my first shed; and it always regrew back whatever hair was lost. i believe this made me overconfident in it. i had always used the liquid but started on the foam because they claimed it was better; when i noticed my hair was thinning with the foam i went back to the generic minox liquid, and then to brand named rogaine, when what i should have done was started the propecia asap. my biggest regret is not starting the propecia sooner, but like everyone was scared of the sexual side effects, which luckily i don't have. i think minox works a time, and then stops. if i had to do it all over, id have started the propeciaa when my scalp hair had fully peaked.

Wink

Hey guys.
    When you say you both had great results with minox, how much did it help?

Are we talking massive regrowth ? Also on the hairline?

Maybe you have som pics?

I have thinking of adding rogaine foam for a couple of years, but i am very scared of my hair getting worse and shedding. I cannot afford to loose anymore hair. I have been on propecia for 4+ years and my hairloss did stabil, but it maybe still progressed a little the last year or so.

I did a HT 11 Month ago both with not so good results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	37849

This is my current situation.
    as u see i have diffuse thinning badly and reciding hair Also
    What are your opinion about me starting rogaine foam?

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    I used the minox off and on; everytime i restarted it, id have another shed cycle, but not as drastic as my first shed; and it always regrew back whatever hair was lost. i believe this made me overconfident in it. i had always used the liquid but started on the foam because they claimed it was better; when i noticed my hair was thinning with the foam i went back to the generic minox liquid, and then to brand named rogaine, when what i should have done was started the propecia asap. my biggest regret is not starting the propecia sooner, but like everyone was scared of the sexual side effects, which luckily i don't have. i think minox works a time, and then stops. if i had to do it all over, id have started the propeciaa when my scalp hair had fully peaked.
    So once you had your initial shed at the start you did not experience any shedding after... I head of periodic shedding on minoxidil and i'm really hoping thats the case with me.

When it comes to you Johhny I think minoxidil will help thicken up your scenario temporarily. I got great results going from norwood 3 to norwood 2. If my hair could stay in this shape for at least the next five years I would be a happy man but chances are it wont be like this from my understanding.

Thx. But there is Also a chance my hair could get worse Right?
    How long did it take you to see results on minox? And did it get worse in the start?
    Do you use finasteride?

use the propecia, and the minox liquid 5% (for potential regrowth). if u shed with the minox, it means it working, and will replace what it sheds and hopefully new growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny2000 View Post
    Hey guys.
    When you say you both had great results with minox, how much did it help?

Are we talking massive regrowth ? Also on the hairline?

Maybe you have som pics?

I have thinking of adding rogaine foam for a couple of years, but i am very scared of my hair getting worse and shedding. I cannot afford to loose anymore hair. I have been on propecia for 4+ years and my hairloss did stabil, but it maybe still progressed a little the last year or so.

I did a HT 11 Month ago both with not so good results.

Attachment 37849

This is my current situation.
    as u see i have diffuse thinning badly and reciding hair Also
    What are your opinion about me starting rogaine foam?