+ Reply to Thread

Default Does an 'undetectable' hair transplant exist?

The reason I ask this is because I have been to several reputable hair transplant surgeries for consultations and have mixed feelings about the whole hair transplant thing in general. Whilst the rep/advisor/Dr/sales reps I have experienced have been very friendly and informative (I must say Farjo, Vinci and Ziering offered great advice - especially Farjo) the people I have spoken to have usually undergone surgery themselves.

Now, in my opinion, the surgery I've seen these guys have is not the best, and I wonder why these companies would have a guy at the 'front desk' with not great examples of the procedure. Whilst the guys I've spoken to have been great in general, I've noticed their hair transplants pretty clearly - perhaps I'm inspecting more so than your average Joe because I'm considering it myself.

This is fundamentally what puts me off getting one - how obvious it is for me to see if somebody has had surgery. I don't want people looking at my hairline and spotting obvious signs of surgery. I only have recession at the temples - norwood 2-3 and very very slight almost undetecable thinning at the crown. I don't want my hairline brought forwards but would like my temples to be filled in. I'm on finasteride (no side effects) and I'm 33. I've been told I would need between 800-1200 grafts.

I guess my question is, can you get an undetectable transplant. If so, are there any good examples of this? I'd kind of like to take 3 weeks off work so that no one knows. I'm quite introverted when it comes to things like this. Who's the best surgeon to do this type of surgery? I'm UK based but don't mind travelling.

ANY advice/experiences would be highly appreciated!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlocks View Post
    The reason I ask this is because I have been to several reputable hair transplant surgeries for consultations and have mixed feelings about the whole hair transplant thing in general. Whilst the rep/advisor/Dr/sales reps I have experienced have been very friendly and informative (I must say Farjo, Vinci and Ziering offered great advice - especially Farjo) the people I have spoken to have usually undergone surgery themselves.

Now, in my opinion, the surgery I've seen these guys have is not the best, and I wonder why these companies would have a guy at the 'front desk' with not great examples of the procedure. Whilst the guys I've spoken to have been great in general, I've noticed their hair transplants pretty clearly - perhaps I'm inspecting more so than your average Joe because I'm considering it myself.

This is fundamentally what puts me off getting one - how obvious it is for me to see if somebody has had surgery. I don't want people looking at my hairline and spotting obvious signs of surgery. I only have recession at the temples - norwood 2-3 and very very slight almost undetecable thinning at the crown. I don't want my hairline brought forwards but would like my temples to be filled in. I'm on finasteride (no side effects) and I'm 33. I've been told I would need between 800-1200 grafts.

I guess my question is, can you get an undetectable transplant. If so, are there any good examples of this? I'd kind of like to take 3 weeks off work so that no one knows. I'm quite introverted when it comes to things like this. Who's the best surgeon to do this type of surgery? I'm UK based but don't mind travelling.

ANY advice/experiences would be highly appreciated!

Thank you
    You can definitely get undetectable work done. I think you would change your mind about that if you had met Spex in person in the Uk as his hair is awesome.

1-You dont want a transplant where anyone could detect something is off and they can formulate you had work done

2-You dont want a transplant where folks think you need a transplant over a year later

Whatever you do, look for docs that have high yield success in the surgical option you choose and the best success rates. It is best not to jump into until you analyzed enough results that cater to your characteristics. This is true whether a doctor is recommended or not. One recommended doc may not do the sam quality work as another.

An ‘Undetectable Donor Site Scar’ is possible with both FUT & FUE hair transplant surgery. However, it takes a lot of planning and depth of experience to perform a procedure that provides patients with undetectable and very natural looking hair transplants. Procedure has to be led by a highly skillful and experienced surgeon with excellent training and understanding of the steps involved to give the best results.
    Very few doctors worldwide are able to perform the unshaven FUE procedure because of the levels of skill involved. So the approach should be finding the skilled professional who has experience of doing this type of surgeries. Try to find the surgeon who has ability to plan effectively to achieve excellent crown coverage by transplanting smaller sized grafts in large numbers. He/she should have unique talent to blend the best of technology with creativity and artistry who will be capable of recreating a hairline using his or her best skills to get the desired results.
    Good luck.