Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkster95 View Post
    Hey Flippo, thanks for the reply man. I agree that Matt seems to produce the best results. I've seen a lot of pictures on the forums (HIS mainly) and the results do seem to vary quite a bit between the different practitioners. Some practitioners produce very big dots with uneven spacing, which is somewhat frightening. Every treatment from Matt just seems to be perfect though. The HIS approach seems to be that every practitioner is one in the same, but I feel there is a lot more too it than that. Matt must have a very good artistic eye for this.

    I've been following the HIS forum for quite awhile and was confident in going with them because they're the originators as well as because of their guarantee. But since I've dug a bit deeper and seen the difference between practitioners, I think I'm leaning towards headstrong and Matt. Flippo, Since you've had the procedure done by both companies do you think its a wise choice to go with headstrong? I guess I'm still a bit concerned cause they're a brand new company without much history. I'm just worried about if something went wrong, I'd like to know that they'd have my back to help me fix whatever problem could potentially arise. I have seen HIS come through and help out clients that had problems. Also, do you notice any difference in the actual pigments, color wise, between the two companies?

    I've been having a difficult time deciding weather or not to go through with smp. I think I'm a good candidate because I've already been shaving my head (nw6/7) for about 8 months, but just can't get used to the look (before that I was using concealers, then a hair piece and finally a hat). Is it as good as they say? Have you had any negative reactions or been called out by anyone? Thanks for the input man.
    One thing to keep in mind is many people take pictures right after their treatment or within a few days. It settles quite a bit and dots always shrink and fade some. I have never had any negative reactions or been called out. My mother does not even know and has only suggested I grow my hair back out since I have so much lol! If done correctly it looks exactly like a shaved or zero clipped head. I personally know three guys Matt has done and one had it done on a Friday and went to work on a Monday receiving no strange looks. I can't seem to inbox you on here; However, I am Flippo on HIS and my diary is on the first American page. Feel free to contact me there and I would be happy to speak to you live.

    I would go to the best practitioner ignoring the company they work for. Talented practitioners back their work and want happy customers because they only have one reputation.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    awesome results man! I have always wondered about this and have consulted a couple of places that specialize in this procedure. A couple quick questions.. have you seen any work done where the hair line and crown isn't completely filled in... i.e. resembles a person that is slightly balding and decided to shave it off? When it comes to the point where I have to shave, I would like some soft subtle pigmentation to blend in the transplants I got on the left side, so it looks even with the right and would like it to resemble slightly balding.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    awesome results man! I have always wondered about this and have consulted a couple of places that specialize in this procedure. A couple quick questions.. have you seen any work done where the hair line and crown isn't completely filled in... i.e. resembles a person that is slightly balding and decided to shave it off? When it comes to the point where I have to shave, I would like some soft subtle pigmentation to blend in the transplants I got on the left side, so it looks even with the right and would like it to resemble slightly balding.
    Those are actually BeantownJoe's results but to answer your question yes you can design your treatment any way you like. I had transplants in the 90's and when I didn't get the results I was looking for I went back to my hair system. After over 20 plus years dealing with that I was done and looked into revision of the transplants and scar. This led me to SMP and I honestly felt like I had nothing to lose after researching it, looking at hundreds of pics and talking to people living with it. When I saw it in person I was totally blown away!

    I posted this pic in another thread and what your seeing is SMP throughout my transplanted hairline. I did not want a straight or unnatural hairline and I wanted to look good with a couple days growth. It's very hard to capture it in pics because a shaved head changes in different lighting conditions.
    Attached Images

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkster95 View Post
    Hey Beantownjoe, looks great man! I've seen Matt's work over the past few months (while he worked for the other provider as well as with headstrong) and every treatment he's done looks flawless. Your dots look very natural, both their spacing and size. How is the treatment holding up now that its been a few months since your procedure?

    I recently had a consultation with headstrong where I got a chance to meet Chris while he was performing the treatment on a client. I haven't had a chance to meet Matt yet but as I said I've seen a lot of his work and am impressed. While I was in NYC I also met with the other big name smp provider. Their work was pretty good, but headstrong really stood out to me. I don't know if its cause of the practitioners or pigments but the treatments looked more subtle and natural. I've been dragging my feet trying to make the decision on weather or not to get this done. Its been a tough decision to make. If I do go through with it I think I want to request Matt to do my treatment. How has the change been for you? How has the reaction been from your friends, family and strangers? If you have any new pictures you could upload I'd appreciate it.

    hairbear756 and Flippo, did you guys also get your treatments done at headstrong? How was your experiences? Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Hi tkster95 thanks for the compliment yes been about 4 months now the pigment is holding up amazingly . I couldn't be happier. I looks even better now. Family, friends, co-workers tell me it looks great. Today a acquaintance asked when am i going to grow my hair again, i said i probably wont i like the way it looks, he said that i was right its the best look for me. Now people are used to me having a full set of shaved head. I have completely forgotten that i am bald and go out with the confidence of having hair. I would only recommend HeadStrong i am a perfectionist i would not have settled nothing less than a perfect treatment and believe me they delivered. Pictures are a good starting point of reference but you should see Matt's work in person.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Hey Beantownjoe, thanks for the reply man. Good to hear its still holding up and that the transformation has been a positive one. It must be a huge weight off your shoulders to not have to worry about hair loss anymore. I still haven't seen Matt's work in person yet, only online. I was in NYC for a couple days, about two weeks ago, and didn't think to set up any meets with his past clients ahead of time. I originally went there to have a consultation with HIS hair and before I left I figured I get in contact with Headstrong while I was in town. I sent an email to headstrong and Chris replied within a half hour and invited me out the the Weschester location to check it out. I got a chance to see his head (not sure who did it, maybe Matt, but I forgot to ask). I also got to see Chris do the treatment live on a client. The treatment I saw him doing live looked great, but its tough to judge because it was still red and not settled or complete. Chris was very informative and seemed like a great guy though.

    I've been researching SMP as much as possible over the past few days and I came across another forum with a bunch of smp related threads. I noticed that Matt has posted a few threads there about past clients and the industry in general. On that forum, in his signature, he has a link to his Linkedin page. In his Linkedin bio it shows that he is currently working (July 2015 - Present) as the lead specialist for company called Scalp Micro USA. And it shows that he was President of Headstrong from July 2014 - July 2015. Which leads me to believe that he recently left Headstrong? Does anyone have any info on that? I google searched the name Scalp Micro USA and found a youtube video showing pictures of Matts work. In the video it lists a website, scalpmicrousa . com but when I tried to check it out it was "parked" through a web host service (likely because they are still working on the site design and haven't launched it yet).

    Hey Flippo, that pic looks great man, also the shaven head look suits you well. I saw your forum on HIS and very impressed with the transformation and appreciate the detailed testimonial. I agree with you about finding the best practitioner and going forward with them. One thing I was concerned about, if say I do go with Matt (wherever he is currently working) and 5-10 years down the road he is no longer in the industry (not sure if that will happen, just speculating) would I be able to go to a different provider, who may be using slightly different inks, to get a touch up? Wasn't sure if it would be difficult to blend with different companies inks like that. Have you noticed any distinct differences with the inks on your head or at the end of the day are they all pretty much exactly the same?

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkster95 View Post
    Hey Beantownjoe, thanks for the reply man. Good to hear its still holding up and that the transformation has been a positive one. It must be a huge weight off your shoulders to not have to worry about hair loss anymore. I still haven't seen Matt's work in person yet, only online. I was in NYC for a couple days, about two weeks ago, and didn't think to set up any meets with his past clients ahead of time. I originally went there to have a consultation with HIS hair and before I left I figured I get in contact with Headstrong while I was in town. I sent an email to headstrong and Chris replied within a half hour and invited me out the the Weschester location to check it out. I got a chance to see his head (not sure who did it, maybe Matt, but I forgot to ask). I also got to see Chris do the treatment live on a client. The treatment I saw him doing live looked great, but its tough to judge because it was still red and not settled or complete. Chris was very informative and seemed like a great guy though.

    I've been researching SMP as much as possible over the past few days and I came across another forum with a bunch of smp related threads. I noticed that Matt has posted a few threads there about past clients and the industry in general. On that forum, in his signature, he has a link to his Linkedin page. In his Linkedin bio it shows that he is currently working (July 2015 - Present) as the lead specialist for company called Scalp Micro USA. And it shows that he was President of Headstrong from July 2014 - July 2015. Which leads me to believe that he recently left Headstrong? Does anyone have any info on that? I google searched the name Scalp Micro USA and found a youtube video showing pictures of Matts work. In the video it lists a website, scalpmicrousa . com but when I tried to check it out it was "parked" through a web host service (likely because they are still working on the site design and haven't launched it yet).

    Hey Flippo, that pic looks great man, also the shaven head look suits you well. I saw your forum on HIS and very impressed with the transformation and appreciate the detailed testimonial. I agree with you about finding the best practitioner and going forward with them. One thing I was concerned about, if say I do go with Matt (wherever he is currently working) and 5-10 years down the road he is no longer in the industry (not sure if that will happen, just speculating) would I be able to go to a different provider, who may be using slightly different inks, to get a touch up? Wasn't sure if it would be difficult to blend with different companies inks like that. Have you noticed any distinct differences with the inks on your head or at the end of the day are they all pretty much exactly the same?
    Believe me i have the same concerns that you have regarding Matt not being in the business for years to come. But that question could be asked about other prividers as well. Will that practioner still be with the big name provider or branch out on his own.

    The amazing 100% percent undetectable results is worth it to me to go with Matt were ever he goes. He has the smp on his scalp so knowing he is very ethical and honest i know if he decided to leave the career in smp he wouldn't leave his clients high and dry. He would recommend and consult to where is good place to have touch ups. Matt has impeccable reputation in customer service and most important in delivering the best results. I have never read or talked to anyone that wasn't 100% satisfied with Matt work.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Flippo,
    Yours looks incredible man! I have a darker skin tone, however... how does smp look with that? I also get very, very tan in the summer. Does this affect the pigments?

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beantownjoe View Post
    Believe me i have the same concerns that you have regarding Matt not being in the business for years to come. But that question could be asked about other prividers as well. Will that practioner still be with the big name provider or branch out on his own.

    The amazing 100% percent undetectable results is worth it to me to go with Matt were ever he goes. He has the smp on his scalp so knowing he is very ethical and honest i know if he decided to leave the career in smp he wouldn't leave his clients high and dry. He would recommend and consult to where is good place to have touch ups. Matt has impeccable reputation in customer service and most important in delivering the best results. I have never read or talked to anyone that wasn't 100% satisfied with Matt work.
    I hear ya man. Hopefully he's providing treatments for a while to come. I have to give credit to HIS hair and some of their practitioners as well. I have seen some very skilled practitioners there such as John G. who seems to be providing some excellent treatments out of the NYC office. I have also always liked Zang's work and I believe he's at the LA clinic. There are others there as well, in the USA and overseas. It does seem like Matt's work is the most consistent though, which is why I'm still considering him as my #1 choice.

    I just did some more research and found Scalp Micro USA's facebook. It looks as if its been active since the beginning of this year and shows that its headquarters is 13th and 3rd in Manhattan, which is the same location of headstrong NY I believe (I've never been to that office just the Windchester location). It also has Chris's number as their contact. Its possible that its the same company and their just using multiple names as a marketing technique to gain more exposure in SMP industry. I know HIS does the same (they have a couple different websites, with different names, besides their main one). If I don't see any new developments with the Scalp Micro USA website I'll send headstrong an email to see what's going on. If its all good and I can request Matt I'll likely try to book it soon, hopefully within the next month or so.


    Hey jamesst11, I have seen many treatments on darker skinned clients. A lot of people say that the darker skin clients are better candidates for the treatment because there aren't as many blending issues and lower risk of the "painted on" look. I'm pretty fair skinned myself, with very dark brown hair, so I'm a bit concerned about the blend and I don't want it too look to dense which could result in the painted on effect. I've done some mock ups with eyeliner and I think I suit the shaven head look just fine, so hopefully it will look good on me.

    I have heard that a lot of sun exposure is no good for the SMP pigments. Mainly because the UV rays will fade the pigment quicker. A simple fix is to wear sunscreen while out in the sun or just throw on a hat. Where are you considering getting the treatment done?

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Flippo,
    Yours looks incredible man! I have a darker skin tone, however... how does smp look with that? I also get very, very tan in the summer. Does this affect the pigments?
    Thank you James I appreciate the feedback! All things are considered when deciding pigment shades which include skin tone, hair/brow color, hairline etc. Like TK I too have seen many darker skinned men/women receive SMP and many in person. They've always looked amazing! Wear sun block and you should be good to go as long as the treatment has settled.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkster95 View Post
    I hear ya man. Hopefully he's providing treatments for a while to come. I have to give credit to HIS hair and some of their practitioners as well. I have seen some very skilled practitioners there such as John G. who seems to be providing some excellent treatments out of the NYC office. I have also always liked Zang's work and I believe he's at the LA clinic. There are others there as well, in the USA and overseas. It does seem like Matt's work is the most consistent though, which is why I'm still considering him as my #1 choice.

    I just did some more research and found Scalp Micro USA's facebook. It looks as if its been active since the beginning of this year and shows that its headquarters is 13th and 3rd in Manhattan, which is the same location of headstrong NY I believe (I've never been to that office just the Windchester location). It also has Chris's number as their contact. Its possible that its the same company and their just using multiple names as a marketing technique to gain more exposure in SMP industry. I know HIS does the same (they have a couple different websites, with different names, besides their main one). If I don't see any new developments with the Scalp Micro USA website I'll send headstrong an email to see what's going on. If its all good and I can request Matt I'll likely try to book it soon, hopefully within the next month or so.


    Hey jamesst11, I have seen many treatments on darker skinned clients. A lot of people say that the darker skin clients are better candidates for the treatment because there aren't as many blending issues and lower risk of the "painted on" look. I'm pretty fair skinned myself, with very dark brown hair, so I'm a bit concerned about the blend and I don't want it too look to dense which could result in the painted on effect. I've done some mock ups with eyeliner and I think I suit the shaven head look just fine, so hopefully it will look good on me.

    I have heard that a lot of sun exposure is no good for the SMP pigments. Mainly because the UV rays will fade the pigment quicker. A simple fix is to wear sunscreen while out in the sun or just throw on a hat. Where are you considering getting the treatment done?
    My feeling is that SMP is a new and evolving market. I am certainly frustrated by the fact that I have to travel to NYC for treatment and that it's been slow to expand to all major cities with top notch practitioners. I am, However confident that this will happen over time as more US practitioners are trained and the market expands. Scalp Micro USA just formed and is owned by Matt with no connection to HeadstrongNY from my knowledge. The email I have for Matt is matt@scalpmicrousa.com

    You are certainly doing your homework which is a good thing!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

shedding lots of hair !!!!! :( :(
Yesterday 08:04 AM
by alam962
Last Post By alam962
Today 12:45 AM
Minoxidil second shed
10-04-2012 09:15 PM
Yesterday 06:16 PM
ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By Ruby
Yesterday 02:10 PM
Dermarolling Community Trial
07-23-2013 11:08 PM
Last Post By Miiw
Yesterday 02:01 PM
Do NOT Have a Hair Transplant!!!
09-26-2016 04:30 PM
Last Post By Cheke1979
Yesterday 12:21 PM
Have you heard about the new "Spiro alternative"?
07-07-2016 07:19 PM
Last Post By UK_
Yesterday 12:08 PM