+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My RU experience and hairless story

Hello forum members,

I'm a long time reader of this forum and others and finally after significant progress in the fight against hair loss I thought I would share my experience in the hope of benefitting others.

I'm mid thirties and have known that I have been balding for 10 years. As a scientist I was able to easily acquire further knowledge related to the science of hair loss, select relevant treatments and even hypothesise about alternative treatments/approaches. Like many of you here I also share your disappointment in the lack of progress and development of treatments in this area.

Over the years I've slowed my hair loss down with dutasteride and finasteride but thats not without sexual side effects - which in my opinion in not such an issue if you are single, my concern is that is also modifies other cognitive functions such as ambition and motivation and could impact career and life goals. After a few years I've now settled on finasteride at roughly 3 tablets per week. This allows it to be out my system quicker and downstairs to be fully functioning faster should I be expecting to have perform sexually.

Other treatments I have used over the years include liposomal minodoxil and regular minodoxil, but experienced unbearable itching and throbbing, even though minodoxil is not for me I believe it is an ineffective treatment for androgenic alopecia and would recommend against it. When it first came out I used fluridil, I believe this to be effective and I believe I got results from it. However, the price was the reason I stopped using it along with the fact it probably did not remain around for long due to it being deactivated by water therefore possibly not such a viable treatment. Topical spironolactone - smell was too bad, couldn't walk around smelling like weed all day despite the science to suggest it works and its cheap.

Summer 2014 I seemed to have what many refer to as shed, a big one. My hair was thinning badly and despite keeping it short and tidy of about 1-2cm on the top it just started to look desperate and I began to consider just accepting fate and shaving it all off. I did some final research on what if anything was available and decided on two things RU and neogenic. I do not believe neogenic is a long term sustainable option for AA and selected it only to help bring the follicles into the growing phase, to help get things started as I was desperate for any growth. RU on the other hand looked as the ideal candidate molecule I had been searching for, site specific high affinity antagonism of DHT receptors with little to no systemic absorption all premixed and at a price i could afford. I also bought an applicator called roots only to make the application to my scalp rather than hair easier - its a small plastic bottle with an applicator with about 10 pointed droppers.

Results
    Within a month I saw a noticeable improvement in the thickness of my hair. This was most noticeable in areas where I had more recently lost thickness. This may be due to less miniaturisation of the follicle and so it was able to bounce back quickly. After this initial improvement I did not notice anything. In December I shaved my hair off completely. This allowed me to make RU solution go further and also allowed me to apply RU liberally to my long standing thinner areas. I have since noticed a gradual improvement in these areas too and they are much better than they have been for many years.

In conclusion, RU has been by far the best thing I have tried for hair loss. I believe neogenic played a part in waking the follicles up from the dormant phase but that the RU provided the ongoing protection for the follicles and sustained any regrowth. It is possible the neogenic could have produced these results but I think if this was the case I would have lost what I gained when I stopped using it. I will continue to use finasteride at a low dose to reduce systemic DHT levels as this is a tried and tested method.

I hope that this post is useful for other men going through the awful experience of hairloss.

glad to hear that. could you answer me where you buy RU from and how do it get through custom? i live in denmark and i think it would be a problem getting it through custom to me :-(

dont you have any Pictures? maybe before and after? that would be nice to see how much you improved

Johnny2000, I live in sweden and I just ordered RU1558 from a Company, in LIQUID form...this is your best option.. if you buy in powder form they will Think its a drug like "cocaine" or shit... I hope my RU gets through customs...if it does I will surely contact you and tell you from where I bought it and what to tell the guy that sell it! or if you already got your RU1558 then no need to reply to me!

Yeah RU is one of the most potent AAs ever made from what they said. The fact it competes with both DHT and T I think would help a lot a with MPB just the issues with supplies, and safety. Combined with fin or dut I mean you could stop and regrow some hair for sure.

are you in the US? If so, where do you get your RU from. Is it already mixed and ready to go, or do you have to prepare it yourself? also, what about the sides from RU? Are there any?

Quote Originally Posted by UserofRU View Post
    Hello forum members,

I'm a long time reader of this forum and others and finally after significant progress in the fight against hair loss I thought I would share my experience in the hope of benefitting others.

I'm mid thirties and have known that I have been balding for 10 years. As a scientist I was able to easily acquire further knowledge related to the science of hair loss, select relevant treatments and even hypothesise about alternative treatments/approaches. Like many of you here I also share your disappointment in the lack of progress and development of treatments in this area.

Over the years I've slowed my hair loss down with dutasteride and finasteride but thats not without sexual side effects - which in my opinion in not such an issue if you are single, my concern is that is also modifies other cognitive functions such as ambition and motivation and could impact career and life goals. After a few years I've now settled on finasteride at roughly 3 tablets per week. This allows it to be out my system quicker and downstairs to be fully functioning faster should I be expecting to have perform sexually.

Other treatments I have used over the years include liposomal minodoxil and regular minodoxil, but experienced unbearable itching and throbbing, even though minodoxil is not for me I believe it is an ineffective treatment for androgenic alopecia and would recommend against it. When it first came out I used fluridil, I believe this to be effective and I believe I got results from it. However, the price was the reason I stopped using it along with the fact it probably did not remain around for long due to it being deactivated by water therefore possibly not such a viable treatment. Topical spironolactone - smell was too bad, couldn't walk around smelling like weed all day despite the science to suggest it works and its cheap.

Summer 2014 I seemed to have what many refer to as shed, a big one. My hair was thinning badly and despite keeping it short and tidy of about 1-2cm on the top it just started to look desperate and I began to consider just accepting fate and shaving it all off. I did some final research on what if anything was available and decided on two things RU and neogenic. I do not believe neogenic is a long term sustainable option for AA and selected it only to help bring the follicles into the growing phase, to help get things started as I was desperate for any growth. RU on the other hand looked as the ideal candidate molecule I had been searching for, site specific high affinity antagonism of DHT receptors with little to no systemic absorption all premixed and at a price i could afford. I also bought an applicator called roots only to make the application to my scalp rather than hair easier - its a small plastic bottle with an applicator with about 10 pointed droppers.

Results
    Within a month I saw a noticeable improvement in the thickness of my hair. This was most noticeable in areas where I had more recently lost thickness. This may be due to less miniaturisation of the follicle and so it was able to bounce back quickly. After this initial improvement I did not notice anything. In December I shaved my hair off completely. This allowed me to make RU solution go further and also allowed me to apply RU liberally to my long standing thinner areas. I have since noticed a gradual improvement in these areas too and they are much better than they have been for many years.

In conclusion, RU has been by far the best thing I have tried for hair loss. I believe neogenic played a part in waking the follicles up from the dormant phase but that the RU provided the ongoing protection for the follicles and sustained any regrowth. It is possible the neogenic could have produced these results but I think if this was the case I would have lost what I gained when I stopped using it. I will continue to use finasteride at a low dose to reduce systemic DHT levels as this is a tried and tested method.

I hope that this post is useful for other men going through the awful experience of hairloss.

UserofRu have you tried CB or OC?

I notice the people with the best success stories for RU, seem to have one long-ass post, and never return.

Yeah RU stories could all be made up honestly. No reliable supplier, and not a ton of proof the stuff works. Its all theory which we all know isnt always the full picture.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingoracle View Post
    i notice the people with the best success stories for ru, seem to have one long-ass post, and never return.
    lol

Or he is just simply going on with his life and doesn't care about the negative assh*les here..