All these new potential treatments - how excited should we be ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonathan
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Dimoxynil
    All these new potential treatments - how excited should we be ?
    I am VERY excited.
    I actually think that we already now could stop further loss for 99% of us, if we learned everything about best combinations, frequency, doses, vehicles etc for all the drugs available today (sep, oc, ru, min, fin among others)

Comment

• Swooping
      • May 2014

Originally posted by Trenblastoise
      Stem cell treatments do work, that's why it is being invested in. It's been researched for many many years with lots of progress.
      Which one do you mean?

Replicel their ~6% mean hair growth clinical trial results till now?

Or Histogen ~7.5%?

In comparison minoxidil can yield ~30%+ difference in guys who respond well. Sure they work though.

Comment

• brocktherock
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Swooping
        Which one do you mean?

Or Histogen ~7.5%?

In comparison minoxidil can yield ~30%+ difference in guys who respond well. Sure they work though.
        Replicel had some people with 20% improvement in six months with one injection in the pilot study. Say what you will but that is inspiring.

Comment

• Trenblastoise
          • Jul 2014

Which one do you mean?
          None in specific, in general we know stem cells work.

Or Histogen ~7.5%?

That's my point, it works. And there is no reason to think our technology wont progress.

As far as I know minoxidil's effect wears off after some time. Will minoxidil get any better? I just don't see any reason to be mock companies investing in these things, at least that's how I take it. And perhaps advances in other fields can make a breakthrough in this field. It certainly doesn't make me pessimistic to see more money being invested.

Comment

• KO1
            • Jan 2012

VPA itself gives you 5% growth. I think everybody can add this to their regimen.

Comment

• FooFighter
              • Feb 2015

Which one do you mean?

Or Histogen ~7.5%?

Stem cell works very good, but we need time and patience to understand them much better. The difference between people who take only drugs after heart failure and people who took stem cell in their heart is like ground and sky.

The problem with stem cells are that they can work bad also, so we need a lot of understanding and experiments before we use them.

Comment

• rbrown
                • Feb 2013

Didn't want to open a new thread because it is not that important, so i am just asking the question here. Is this marketing BS or these caffein products can slow down hair loss? Anyone tried them?

Comment

• Illusion
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by ko1
                  vpa itself gives you 5% growth. I think everybody can add this to their regimen.
                  vpa?

Comment

• Swooping
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by FooFighter
                    Stem cell works very good, but we need time and patience to understand them much better. The difference between people who take only drugs after heart failure and people who took stem cell in their heart is like ground and sky.

The problem with stem cells are that they can work bad also, so we need a lot of understanding and experiments before we use them.
                    Sure. Obviously one day they will work way better. However the growth rates both shown by Replicel & Histogen are horrible at the moment. Minoxidil crushes those numbers.

Comment

• Dimoxynil
                      • Oct 2014

I'm all for optimism but it all still looks a bit vague from where I'm standing. No one can seem to agree on what potential products will do what. And that's just for starters.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                        • Dec 2012

We will know a lot more at the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 as trials are finishing up and results are being posted. (CB, SM, Bim)

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                          • Sep 2014

We should expect to see bimatoprost next year. Allergan seems to have proceeded with trials and not have released any information on phase 2b (which is a good sign). Also, everyone should be thrilled about Kythera and setipiprant because they just received unanimous approval for their double chin reduction treatment. Which means, the only drug in their pipeline currently is setipiprant for hair loss. All of their efforts will be focused on this.

Kythera has to run a POC, and if it proves to work (which it will) it will take 6 months to determine, then they can jump into a phase 3. In order to have this treatment approved, they have to file an NDA (New drug application), which can be done after POC, because they will have determined the efficacy. About a year or so later, it can be approved. We're looking at less than a year for bimatoprost, and approx. 2 years for setipiprant.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            We should expect to see bimatoprost next year. Allergan seems to have proceeded with trials and not have released any information on phase 2b (which is a good sign). Also, everyone should be thrilled about Kythera and setipiprant because they just received unanimous approval for their double chin reduction treatment. Which means, the only drug in their pipeline currently is setipiprant for hair loss. All of their efforts will be focused on this.

Kythera has to run a POC, and if it proves to work (which it will) it will take 6 months to determine, then they can jump into a phase 3. In order to have this treatment approved, they have to file an NDA (New drug application), which can be done after POC, because they will have determined the efficacy. About a year or so later, it can be approved. We're looking at less than a year for bimatoprost, and approx. 2 years for setipiprant.

How do you know trials with Bim are proceeding ?

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                              How do you know trials with Bim are proceeding ?
                              I'm not exactly certain, but it says on clinicaltrials.gov that the study is ongoing but not recruiting participants. If the phase 2b results were no good, we would have heard about it because they would have scrapped the study. Like I've said earlier, there was a record breaking acquisition after the phase 2b was completed, the stock is through the roof, and kythera is trialling setipiprant, now the only drug in their pipeline. That's quite a risk to be taking if you are Kythera, no? All your eggs in one basket....

They say wait till next year to find out the results - why? Because that's when it'll be released, and we can know how effective it is when they have a product to sell us.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                                • Sep 2014

...there can't possibly be any reason other than that they want to get this out to the public. Why wait a year if it has failed?

Comment

Working...