+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: OC Guide

Champpy, did it do anything regarding the itch (if you have it)?

I just started OC a few days ago and I will say that my crown is almost always tender to the touch but it hasn't been since I started.
    Can't say if it's done anything regarding shedding since my hair is short so I don't notice shed hairs much.

I do get an itch every so often, but not really horribly. Its hard to say if the itching has improved. I can say I did miss a dose on Friday and on Sat it did seem a little more itchy than normal. Jurys still out on that.
    Yeah im diffuse. Hair line has receded some and back is thinning, but its honestly just thinning all over.

Kane said the 2015 date was incorrect (type error)and should have been 2016. Im taking his word on that one.

The powder is kind of a yellow/gold color. No odor that I can smell.

Its mostly powder with some clumps in it. the clumps do not dissolve well, so ive been having to grind the lumps it down to a powder. There is usually some residual granules even after many hours of being in the ethanol.

I mean im glad its helping some of you with the itching and shedding. Ill keep it up until this batch is gone. Tomorrow (Monday) maybe ill up it to 3%. Its just so disappointing to have every option not work.

I think its supposed to pretty instant. I did use indomethacin a couple years ago and it almost totally stopped all hair loss overnight. It was freaking amazing. I was hoping OC would react the same way

I know this is off topic but I found this interesting
    Indomethacin
    a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat mild to moderate acute pain and relieve symptoms of arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis) or gout, such as inflammation, swelling, stiffness, and joint pain

It makes me think that the tofacitinib drug Brett King used on that kid really could help us. Maybe there really is an inflammation response happening (the scalp itching seems to be a big clue)

Is there a chance that this might get cheaper? I want to buy this but 200$ per gram is very expensive.

And what about sides?

What vehicle are you guys using? Standard ethanol/pg?

Yes thats what im using.
    Anyone using something different that may be more efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    Yes thats what im using.
    Anyone using something different that may be more efficient?
    I'm using about a 60% ethanol to 40% PG concentration and my OC fully dissolves after about 30 mins. Are you using 95% alcohol?

Is OC soluble in anything else? The ethanol/pg vehicle has always given me terrible flakes and irritation.

I'm doing a 70/30 mix.

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    I think its supposed to pretty instant. I did use indomethacin a couple years ago and it almost totally stopped all hair loss overnight. It was freaking amazing. I was hoping OC would react the same way

I know this is off topic but I found this interesting
    Indomethacin
    a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat mild to moderate acute pain and relieve symptoms of arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis) or gout, such as inflammation, swelling, stiffness, and joint pain

It makes me think that the tofacitinib drug Brett King used on that kid really could help us. Maybe there really is an inflammation response happening (the scalp itching seems to be a big clue)
    I'm using a much higher dosage than I think anyone else here or before me. I use approximately 65mg a day now. It tooks months before I noticed a significant reduction in shedding.

People who say it immediately reduced their shedding were likely suffering from wishful thinking syndrome.

Plan to stick with it for six months at minimum and you shouldn't see an impact on your shedding for a month or two at the earliest because of hair cycles.