Just started loosing hair. seeking treatment early.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark89
    • Dec 2014

Just started loosing hair. seeking treatment early.

I was wondering what I would be on the norwood scale ? N1?
    My hairline has receded and it comes to a point like a triangle or really sharp widows peak. It used to be straight. I was wondering what would be the best treatment to stop hair loss or to regrow it. My temples have started to thin a fair bit is their anything for that? from looking at photos My father was NW3 at age 27. I am 25.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	470625Click image for larger version

Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	470626Click image for larger version

Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	470627
  • mkamph
    • Dec 2008

finasteride is your best bet. i would say a norwood 1 to 1 & 1/2. it still looks good. go to your doc, get a script, and pop 1 pill everyday. hopefully that stops it, and maybe regrows some of the loss.

Comment

• mark89
      • Dec 2014

I have thin hair on the hairline and temples. Do you think fin may thicken them up as it grows out?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

It is possible. You really will not know unless you try.

Comment

• Trenblastoise
          • Jul 2014

Like the others say, finasteride might help.

Just make sure you carefully go over the side effects, men have reported permanent irreversible erectile dysfunction, libido loss, and loss of sensitivity.

Best of luck to you. There is other drugs on the way but who knows how long that will take, and other than drugs there is hair transplants, but these are expensive and rely on a good donor area, plus if you continue to lose hair, you will have to do several.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Go over side effects with a qualified physician. I report no sides and regrowth over the entire top of my head. This after neglecting my hair loss for over a decade, which I don't recommend.

Comment

Working...