Threaded View

Default Keto shampoo every day?

I always hear "do not use keto shampoo more than 1x-2x weekly"....I asked why one time because the main study showing its effectiveness for MPB used it 2-4x weekly. People said using it more often can make you shed, someone even said it can accelerate MPB if used too often (how??)

For a long time I used keto shampoo 1-3X weekly. My scalp took a turn for the worse in the last 5-6 months....too much oil, shedding, possible "andro alopecia itch" (never used to know what that was but now it seems like I have it... am a diffuser but, I have areas w/ more aggressive loss & they seem to tingle/itch more than anywhere else). I am using dut + fin every day BTW

Finally I got sick of the discomfort & started using my 2% keto shampoo like 4-6x weekly (started maybe 2-3 weeks ago), exactly what we are told NOT to do. Followed by conditioner as usual. My scalp feels insanely better....minimal itch, minimal oil, & I notice much less shedding

Before I was shedding a decent amount including thicker hairs, pull tests would usually produce 1-2 hairs. Now most of the shed hairs are miniaturized/weak & pull tests virtually never produce any hair (just now I pulled like 6-7 times in the parts of my scalp where hair loss is most aggressive....not a single hair came out)

Question to consider. Is this just the calm before the storm, and if I keep using so much my hair will take a huge hit? Or is it possible we are under-utilizing this part of the MPB regimen which is usually overlooked/ignored?