+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Not bitter, not sarcastic, and no need to end my sentence with an expletive. I prefer to go through life with my eyes open and am not naive.

I disagree with you, nobody ever will make `new follicles` it is an impossibility, imagine some company saying they are going to create `human teeth` sounds ridiculous does`nt it? Bald men are desperate men simple as that!

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Not bitter, not sarcastic, and no need to end my sentence with an expletive. I prefer to go through life with my eyes open and am not naive.

I disagree with you, nobody ever will make `new follicles` it is an impossibility, imagine some company saying they are going to create `human teeth` sounds ridiculous does`nt it? Bald men are desperate men simple as that!
    ejj have you been in a cave or something? This year they created a vagina from scratch. And last year a set of lungs. people have already made small new follicles (human) in germany and japan. In japan they grew an entirely new mouse tooth from scratch. They are working on making human hearts from scratch. You sound like you are from the 1920's. New teeth will be one of the first things to be made actually. the stem cells in teeth are some of the most potent. And vis a vis the sarcasm I wasn't talking about you.

"Theracell is a biotechnology company in the UK, with a subsidiary in Greece, with a focus on cell therapies, regenerative medicine and molecular diagnostics. "

This company is not run by hacks. It's a UK company and my guess is that they have a subsidiary in greece because the stem cell laws are more lax there, and they can do things cheaper.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_...th_lasers.html

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...nt-mouse-cells

growing teeth is not far off either.

the problem with these technologies is that they are probably 20-30 years off from being perfected and not 5. for most balding people thats a long time. With hair it might come sooner though, since we might not need to regrow a whole follicle to revive existing ones. If replicel's approach works it'll basically be like making new follicles for those who are not yet totally bald.

Those bald mice must be pretty cold in Winter.

I like the Scientists and researchers who shave a perfectly good, furry mice down to the bone, inject them with a substance called something like `mousecell` and `wallah` the mouse all of a sudden reverts back to the hairy state it was prior! miraculous!

I feel sorry for those to desperate to ignore the warning signs, of which there are many. I wonder what happened to that poor guy who went to india for stem cell injections and all his lymph nodes became swollen for months!

omg go back to the Stone Age.

Surfin,

When you have had this treatment, and post clear concise pictures of your own treatment, both before and afters, you will be able to speak on this subject with authority and real experience, until then all you have is an opinion, based upon what you read. So far this company,(along with many others) have no real results. I am sorry to burst your bubble, and am sorry the truth is hard for you to accept. This is just another company talking the talk with no actual patient results, heard it all before many,many times. What I find amusing is how you try to defend your opinion with insults? Quite telling really

Have a nice day

ej

Then why are you on this forum.

Surfin,

When you have had this treatment, and post clear concise pictures of your own treatment, both before and afters, you will be able to speak on this subject with authority and real experience, until then all you have is an opinion, based upon what you read.
    Are you claiming all the scientific peer reviewed works that has been published in this field is a lie? Quite a conspiracy. You don't need to personally go through a treatment to be sure it works: If the evidence is demonstrable that's enough.

So far this company,(along with many others) have no real results. I am sorry to burst your bubble, and am sorry the truth is hard for you to accept. This is just another company talking the talk with no actual patient results, heard it all before many,many times.

They haven't had final results to make the treatment public yet, you are correct. But that is not because they haven't had any "real results" plenty of results and new acquired knowledge has come from this field, a field that grows quicker everyday.

If they hadn't published any scientific work, then you should have been worrying, but they continuously do.

I have every confidence this company can end baldness with stem cell therapy, regenerate kidneys, and cure cancer, after all the company is based in the economic power house that is Greece.
    Any contribution they make that will acquire knowledge that can unlock this technology will be appreciated by me at least.
    As far as I understood, reading on the page, it's a British company, with parts of it in Greece.

Surfin,

When you have had this treatment, and post clear concise pictures of your own treatment, both before and afters, you will be able to speak on this subject with authority and real experience, until then all you have is an opinion, based upon what you read. So far this company,(along with many others) have no real results. I am sorry to burst your bubble, and am sorry the truth is hard for you to accept. This is just another company talking the talk with no actual patient results, heard it all before many,many times. What I find amusing is how you try to defend your opinion with insults? Quite telling really

Have a nice day

ej
    Don't blame the guy. He's apparently one of those people who call themselves "optimists" and he seems to be new to the hair loss research world. When they hear about a new product under experiment they get all excited and they really believe the cure is just around the corner. We see this kind of people all the time. They see/hear the usual "in the next 5 years..." and they believe it. Of course, any one who's been following hair loss news would know that this "in the next 5-10 years..." has been used by the so-called researchers for the past 40 years or so. Like they say, if I got a penny every time I heard the "in the next 5 years...." I would be a millionaire. I would also say the same thing about the number of articles talking about a new "cure" being developed.... Now, I don't even bother when I see an article talking about hair loss research because I know it's just there to fill some empty space on a paper or a website and because I know for a fact it WILL end with the same old "in the next 5...." garbage. I remember just a couple of years back every one was excited about 2014 being the year we were going to hear some major breakthrough in hair loss research... Well,.... And this "researchers were successful in growing hair on bald mice/or a human ear on a mouse", isn't this something from like 10 or 15 years back ? And we're still waiting...

Like I said before, wake me up when they're about to present us with a Norwood 5 who now has a full head of hair.

Of course I'm not saying they'll never be able to find a cure but I'm just not going to hold my breath and I don't expect anything especially in the next 5-10 years.

"Optimism is the delusional belief that things are/will be better than they really are".