+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some F**** Help

Default Some F**** Help

I keep posting without any replies. I used finasteride for a year and three months (still on it) and my hair and scalp are horrendous... At the one year mark I had a random shed that can with itching, burning along my hairline and scalp etc.. I thought minoxidil did this because it was making the situation worse, but I dropped it and have been off it for 2 months now.. Anyway, my hair has thinned along my left hairline and behind it all the way back.. I get an oily scalp and sometime get pimples along my hairline now.. Never had that ever. I'm not sure if fonasteride put me into a telogen effluvium from the hormonal change or what... I don't know if I should quit or stay on because I haven't seen anything positive from this.. I'm just afraid that if I stop, all hell will break loose and kill my hairline. I only took finasteride because my right hairline started to recede.. Now, within the past three months my hair line on the left became thinner and receded about a half inch and behind my hairline is thinning.. I was never able to see my scalp but now I can on that side.. Wtf is going on?!?! I still get itching/burning on my hairline too...

SOMEBODY WITH EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    I keep posting without any replies. I used finasteride for a year and three months (still on it) and my hair and scalp are horrendous... At the one year mark I had a random shed that can with itching, burning along my hairline and scalp etc.. I thought minoxidil did this because it was making the situation worse, but I dropped it and have been off it for 2 months now.. Anyway, my hair has thinned along my left hairline and behind it all the way back.. I get an oily scalp and sometime get pimples along my hairline now.. Never had that ever. I'm not sure if fonasteride put me into a telogen effluvium from the hormonal change or what... I don't know if I should quit or stay on because I haven't seen anything positive from this.. I'm just afraid that if I stop, all hell will break loose and kill my hairline. I only took finasteride because my right hairline started to recede.. Now, within the past three months my hair line on the left became thinner and receded about a half inch and behind my hairline is thinning.. I was never able to see my scalp but now I can on that side.. Wtf is going on?!?! I still get itching/burning on my hairline too...

SOMEBODY WITH EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP
    Start using a Ketoconazole shampoo. The condition of your hair and scalp should stabilize with Ketoconazole's anti-androgenic and anti-inflammatory properties. Before I started any legitimate treatments for my MPB, my scalp was so inflamed and itchy from my AGA that it would constantly be oily; and whenever I washed my hair and scalp, not even like two hours later, it would be like as if oil was rubbed on my head. I have not suffered anymore scalp complications since having Ketoconazole in my regimen.

I use nizoral 2% 1-2 times a week..

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    I use nizoral 2% 1-2 times a week..
    Nizoral 2% is a harsh shampoo. Have you tried using mild Ketoconazole shampoos such as 'Lipogaine Big 3' or 'Regenepure DR'? I had a prescription for a 2% Ketoconazole shampoo before that came in a small four ounce bottle, and I never even finished it because it was so harsh.