Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unbalding
    • Sep 2014

PGD2 and adenosine

It seems that PGD2 may increase adenosine. Minoxidil is thought to work by upregulating adenosine. So, could blocking PGD2 actually be bad for hair if your PGD2 levels are not higher than normal?

PGD2 stimulates DP, receptors localized in the basal forebrain and increases the local extracellular concentration of adenosine

Lipocalin-type prostaglandin (PG) D synthase (L-PGDS) catalyzes the isomerization of PGH2, a common precursor of various prostanoids, to produce PGD2, a potent endogenous somnogen. L-PGDS is localized in the leptomeninges, choroid plexus, and oligodendrocytes of the central nervous system. PGD2 is p …
  • It's2014ComeOnAlready
    • Sep 2014

No.

Testosterone is necessary for the development of male pattern baldness, known as androgenetic alopecia (AGA); yet, the mechanisms for decreased hair growth in this disorder are unclear. We show that prostaglandin D(2) synthase (PTGDS) is elevated at the mRNA and protein levels in bald scalp compared …

Comment

• unbalding
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
      That doesn't address the issue. We all know that too much PGD2 is bad. That doesn't mean normal levels of PGD2 are bad. Too much water can kill you, so does that mean you should dehydrate yourself?

Before I get flamed for questioning the PGD2 bible(apparently it's not a theory anymore, it's a religion), I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't block PGD2. I'm merely speculating that it might be necessary to use adenosine in conjunction with PGD2 blockers.

Comment

Working...