+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I add Rogaine?

Hey guys on propecia for about 11 months now and it really hasnt done much, the front 3rd is thinner then when i started. So im really considering adding Rogaine Foam to my regime. Now for people who have done this, how bad was the shed and how long did it last? If you didnt like using rogaine can you explain why? Thanks!

I use rogaine on the front, and I have seen results. However, the hairs that grow on the hairline are very short, and they don't seem to grow any longer. That being said, it may be thickening up exisiting hairs. Whether it works will probably depend how far along your hair loss in the front is. The further along it is, the less likely it will help. Also, applying rogaine twice a day is a big pain. If I were you, I would map your scalp for minutarization, to get a baseline. Then I would use the rogaine consistently for at least 1 year. Then, I would get your scalp mapped again, to see if it helped. Remember, rogaine will be a lifetime committment, like propecia, so if you don't think you can stick with it, its not worth starting. I should also point out that I have heard of people using rogaine once before bed, with decent results. This could be a good middleground.

Yeah if i do it it will prob just be once a day at night. I feel like it will be such a hassel and in the end ill do more harm then good by starting it and then getting annoyed and stopping it. Im just discouraged by my propecia results thus far (11months havent missed a day), seems to have at best just slowed stuff down, and am now seriously thinking about rogaine. Ugh, sometimes i feel like i should just buzz my head and get this over with. I would prob be depressed for a month but be much happier in the long run.

Stick the propecia out a little bit longer imo. A lot of guys really don't see tremendous results, if they happen, for over a year after having started.

I have personally noticed a fairly substantial difference in my hair after 8 months, however, I shave my head anyways =D. I honeslty reccomend at least trying that out and catching a tan, you might look the look!

A good set of clippers is like 100 bucks or so, and probably the best investment I've personally made. Usually shave my head on the longer setting once a month or so. You will be suprised at how big of a difference it can make in the apparent look in your hairloss if it isnt that bad, so def give it a shot is what i say!

I have been on propecia for over two years, and I think you need to give it at least that long. I would also be very wary of ever stopping, you'd be surprised how fast your hair loss can catch up if you stop. The best bet would be to continue on propecia and start rogaine, stick with it, and then look for a hair transplant down the line.