+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would say do what the doctor said and get on fin and see where you are at in a year, then plan your next move. If you are really against taking fin then I would say forget about getting a transplant as it wouldn't look good within a few years as you continue to bald.

Also I get what Illusion is saying. There are a lot of "ifs" when it comes to hair loss. You never know how you will continue to bald, you don't know how you will respond to fin, etc. You just have to make the decision that will help you live a better life. If you think the only way you can do that is with more hair, then do what you need to do to try to make that happen. If it is possible for you to live a good life without hair, then buzz is down and try to move on with your life.

maybe you don't want to hear this, but i rly think you rock the buzz cut/shaved head. you've got the right headshape for it. fwiw

you look fine in pic # 7
    Don't do it

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I would say do what the doctor said and get on fin and see where you are at in a year, then plan your next move. If you are really against taking fin then I would say forget about getting a transplant as it wouldn't look good within a few years as you continue to bald.

Also I get what Illusion is saying. There are a lot of "ifs" when it comes to hair loss. You never know how you will continue to bald, you don't know how you will respond to fin, etc. You just have to make the decision that will help you live a better life. If you think the only way you can do that is with more hair, then do what you need to do to try to make that happen. If it is possible for you to live a good life without hair, then buzz is down and try to move on with your life.

Hey I really appreciate all the feedback it really helps because its a situation you feel like its almost taboo to talk about to anybody which makes it feel like you are having to deal with it in your own little world of psychological trauma.

Notcool- since I found out about the bald truth I pretty much have listened to all of the 2014 broadcast while I am at work. I remember the show where you called in and talked about how it was no big deal until you saw that photo of you where you realized you were really getting thin. Its a horrible feeling. I experienced exactly what you described about 6 months ago. I always had a small recession but really in the last 6 months its almost like someone had been poring round-up on my head, feels like I just woke up one day and suddenly realized I no longer had hair that looked well enough to keep it on my head.. I have to shave it.. surrender to it.. to keep my dignity. Its like it just died off or something. A very f*&ck*d up situation, but I am glad there are resources like this available.

My father explained as the same as breaking up with a long term GF or losing a loved one. One day that part of your life is just gone and its shocking, traumatic, and hard to understand. I look at my buddies and most of them have thick manes and I can't help but think "why me"? It feels like I used to be the man when I had a nice head of hair, these past few months have been tough not going to lie. Im just in shock still and have not really gone anywhere without a hat. This pic was taken last may so you can see how fast it has accelerated, If I could even get this amount back AND keep it I would be thrilled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3399.JPG

Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	37720

If I could achieve a result that even gave me somewhat of a nice hairline but yet the appearance of a minor recession I think I would be happy. If I had bad luck I would just shave it and get SMP on the back of my head if there was noticeable scarring. Some Dr. K's result are truly phenomenal which is why it is hard to completely let go of the idea of having an HT with ASMED.

http://asmedfue.forumcommunity.net/?t=57356338

IF I am to proceed with the HT that is. For now I am going to take you guys advice and give the meds a shot first

I went to doctor cooleys office today and got a script of fin. I spoke with some other dude in the waiting room who said he'd been on it for 15 years with no issues so I felt a little better about it. I do feel a lot better about the shaved look after what you guys said and I really appreciate it. A little goes a long way in a situation where your confidence level feels so vulnerable.

But thanks again for all the feed back guys.

Alex

Wow, you really lost a LOT of hairs in a little period. Go fina my friend, it might REALLY help!

Get on Fin 3x a week if you're afraid to take it daily. Move up to 4x a week and see if you can handle that amount without side effects. If so you can try it daily. If you start to see side effects back off to 4x or 3x a week.