+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Call to RU58841 users: permanent side-effects?

So I started using RU a week ago (50mg a day) and started to notice a non-welcome side-effect the second night: I could not sleep. Every time my thoughts would sink away I felt being pulled back to consciousness instantly. This is why I dropped the RU for a day and I fell asleep fine. However, I woke up fully awake instantly (and normally I'm not quite the morning person). Then I tried lowering the dose (20mg) and the same bad night experience occured once more. However, this time when I woke up I heard a small peeping sound in my ears, which has not gone away since (3 days). Both symptoms are obviously related to over-activity in the brain somehow.

I am scared shitless that these symptoms won't go away for a long time to come. I've come to the point where I couldn't care less about my hair anymore (that will come later). Please, RU-users help me out with your experience .

PS: I've been using kane/anageninc RU with vichy neogenic as vehicle (5% solution first day 2% second day)

Don't sweat it. You weren't on anything long enough to worry. It'll go away. I'm in RU too and have also noticed lighter sleep and hurting balls. Will see if they go away if I keep using it. Not worried about long term effects from short term usage.

One day later. The peep got worse, my jaws were locked up and I only slept 5 hours. Will see the physician today and I guess I will just have to come clean...

Its probably just anxiety. Give it time and chill out. Ive had weirder symptoms cause of anxiety. Those don't sound like they are related to anti-androgen activity at all. Pretty much any imbalance or stress can cause insomnia, and if it was the RU yur body will go back to normal if you stop taking it, its not like you were on it for years.

Yeah sounds like you're overthinking stuff. The peep in your ears is definitely not a side effect of RU (or any AA for that matter). Having trouble falling asleep might be a side of an AA (brainfog => having trouble falling asleep) but still, this seems pretty unlikely to me.

Prob just being paranoid. Then again, who really knows? It's an experimental drug...

I know these symptoms are for real. I can't overthink a locked up jaw during the night. It makes me wonder whether the batch was RU at all...

Did any of you experience insomnia on RU?

Some people have/do experience insomnia on RU. Anyway don't worry, it's a reversible competitive inhibitor. So RU cleaves of your receptors even before new synthesis of androgen receptors occurs. Assuming an anti-androgen does get systematic, the side effects are and can be really broad.

Strange that you have such a strong reaction to such a small dose topically though. Are you sure you measured correctly? Neogenic can hold like a dose of 15-20% of RU. Anyway just quit it and don't worry, it will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Some people have/do experience insomnia on RU. Anyway don't worry, it's a reversible competitive inhibitor. So RU cleaves of your receptors even before new synthesis of androgen receptors occurs. Assuming an anti-androgen does get systematic, the side effects are and can be really broad.

Strange that you have such a strong reaction to such a small dose topically though. Are you sure you measured correctly? Neogenic can hold like a dose of 15-20% of RU. Anyway just quit it and don't worry, it will go away.
    So you agree that RU will cause body to react to create more androgen receptors?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    So you agree that RU will cause body to react to create more androgen receptors?
    No this isn't known in literature. It would be the other way around, they could downregulate but not upregulate with androgen deprivation.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobus View Post
    I know these symptoms are for real. I can't overthink a locked up jaw during the night. It makes me wonder whether the batch was RU at all...

Did any of you experience insomnia on RU?
    Just because it's anxiety, it doesn't mean it's not real. I had skipped heartbeats (PVCs) from stress/anxiety that showed up on tests. I stopped worrying about them after I knew they were harmless, and they barely happen anymore.