Call to RU58841 users: permanent side-effects?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RU58841
    • Mar 2015

I know this is a bit old but I experienced the same thing for maybe about the first month or so, it gradually went away as I continued to use it. Might still happen very very faintly when I first lie down, but never stops me from sleeping or wakes me up or anything.

Comment

• cuprous
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by RU58841
      I know this is a bit old but I experienced the same thing for maybe about the first month or so, it gradually went away as I continued to use it. Might still happen very very faintly when I first lie down, but never stops me from sleeping or wakes me up or anything.
      This is consistent with what I've read elsewhere about propecia/dut sides sometimes going away after a few weeks or whatever.

I wish OP could clarify if his "peeping" noise was tinnitus-like or something else.

If RU is so readily absorbed and active in some folks then it would seem like dropping it until symptoms cleared followed by resumption at half the prior concentration until no systemic effects were observed would be the proper protocol. But I understand OP is probably too scared to get near RU again.

For those just getting started, make a 1% concentrate and then work up to 5% but no more. I have to believe that if systemic effects are present then there is more than enough RU in the scalp to do the job and reducing concentration will cause no loss of efficacy.

Comment

• nameless
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Swooping
        No this isn't known in literature. It would be the other way around, they could downregulate but not upregulate with androgen deprivation.
        I read years ago in a study by Merck that finasteride causes upregulation of androgen receptors.

Comment

• nameless
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Swooping
          No this isn't known in literature. It would be the other way around, they could downregulate but not upregulate with androgen deprivation.
          Androgen deprivation can cause upregulation of androgen receptors. See this:

In our study, finasteride influenced AR expression in benign prostate tissue and prostate cancer cell. Before we can use finasteride in chemoprevention with confidence, we still need to clarify the influence of finasteride in ARs and its regulation pathway.

Comment

• cuprous
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by nameless
            Androgen deprivation can cause upregulation of androgen receptors. See this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21557276
            I wonder... does this explain why - and I am assuming this to be true, as is the case with minox - that cessation of treatment results in rapid return to 'baseline' hair growth?

Would this hold true for RU too? Dut / Fin lower DHT on a systemic basis which might explain up-regulation of A receptors. But RU preferentially binds to the same receptors in the scalp (and allegedly elsewhere for those who suffer supposed systemic effects) while the rest of the body is still getting its wash of those hormones.

Can anyone who has stopped RU comment on whether they had a big shed or if things more or less stayed the same (at least until regular AA resumed)?

Comment

• Tenma
              • Nov 2013

if upregulation due to androgen deprivation were an important factor in aga, castrates would continue to lose hair and we all know they keep it for life.

90+ percent of men using fin at least maintain what they have for agood old decade

also that study posted by jarjarbinx is in prostate and cancer cells not dp cells

Comment

• Swooping
                • May 2014

Originally posted by Tenma
                if upregulation due to androgen deprivation were an important factor in aga, castrates would continue to lose hair and we all know they keep it for life.

90+ percent of men using fin at least maintain what they have for agood old decade

also that study posted by jarjarbinx is in prostate and cancer cells not dp cells
                Exactly. Also finasteride doesn't cause androgen deprivation and isn't a "anti-androgen".

Comment

• KO1
                  • Jan 2012

THAT STUDY REFERS TO PROSTATE CELLS

They respond totally differently to androgens than hair, in reverse fashion to be exact.

Comment

• KO1
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Tenma

Comment

• KO1
                      • Jan 2012

That said, I do wonder if AR upregulation could be possible from RU...RU is a different mechanism from fin, being an AR antagonist.

Comment

• Tenma
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ko1
                        lol

Comment

• Lagato
                          • Feb 2019

Got mines from FollicleFit.com, well really from amazon. Been using it for a month and there is definitely hair and no side effects.

Comment

• dave0063
                            • Dec 2021

I know I’m super late on this but the same thing happened to me. I would having trouble falling asleep, and when I would fall asleep I would be suddenly woken up by my heart beating outa my chest but feeling very lethargic. Oh, and I also experienced the jaw tightness.

Comment

• Lee12345
                              • Oct 2022

Originally posted by jacobus
                              So I started using RU a week ago (50mg a day) and started to notice a non-welcome side-effect the second night: I could not sleep. Every time my thoughts would sink away I felt being pulled back to consciousness instantly. This is why I dropped the RU for a day and I fell asleep fine. However, I woke up fully awake instantly (and normally I'm not quite the morning person). Then I tried lowering the dose (20mg) and the same bad night experience occured once more. However, this time when I woke up I heard a small peeping sound in my ears, which has not gone away since (3 days). Both symptoms are obviously related to over-activity in the brain somehow.

I am scared shitless that these symptoms won't go away for a long time to come. I've come to the point where I couldn't care less about my hair anymore (that will come later). Please, RU-users help me out with your experience .

PS: I've been using kane/anageninc RU with vichy neogenic as vehicle (5% solution first day 2% second day)
                              Hi there, how long did the symptoms persist? Im going through this atm. Thanks

Comment

• Lee12345
                                • Oct 2022

Originally posted by jacobus
                                So I started using RU a week ago (50mg a day) and started to notice a non-welcome side-effect the second night: I could not sleep. Every time my thoughts would sink away I felt being pulled back to consciousness instantly. This is why I dropped the RU for a day and I fell asleep fine. However, I woke up fully awake instantly (and normally I'm not quite the morning person). Then I tried lowering the dose (20mg) and the same bad night experience occured once more. However, this time when I woke up I heard a small peeping sound in my ears, which has not gone away since (3 days). Both symptoms are obviously related to over-activity in the brain somehow.

I am scared shitless that these symptoms won't go away for a long time to come. I've come to the point where I couldn't care less about my hair anymore (that will come later). Please, RU-users help me out with your experience .

PS: I've been using kane/anageninc RU with vichy neogenic as vehicle (5% solution first day 2% second day)
                                How are you now?

Comment

Working...