+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dude just chill out. Like I said, I've gotten much weirder things than a locked jaw from anxiety, way before i ever started losing hair or taking any medication. Muscle tightness and auditory stuff is actually very common with anxiety. Anxiety can create havoc in pretty much your whole body and the mind is very powerful. Even if it was the RU, which is unlikely, it will go away, just give it time. its only been a couple days and you're freaking out. Could also be a reaction to whatever vehicle you were using with the RU. So just ride it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Some people have/do experience insomnia on RU. Anyway don't worry, it's a reversible competitive inhibitor. So RU cleaves of your receptors even before new synthesis of androgen receptors occurs. Assuming an anti-androgen does get systematic, the side effects are and can be really broad.

Strange that you have such a strong reaction to such a small dose topically though. Are you sure you measured correctly? Neogenic can hold like a dose of 15-20% of RU. Anyway just quit it and don't worry, it will go away.
    Can we just establish right here that "systematic" is not the correct word for what people are trying to say?? "Systemic" is the word. Especially if you're going to claim to know how every treatment will work better than PHDs and MDs do, you might as well learn how to speak english first.

Also just wanted to let you guys know I've been in 5% ru for five days and my nuts are basically refusing to hang or feel normal nonstop haha. Constant throb and it's like they are scared of the world. This shit sucks. Rather just go bald.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Also just wanted to let you guys know I've been in 5% ru for five days and my nuts are basically refusing to hang or feel normal nonstop haha. Constant throb and it's like they are scared of the world. This shit sucks. Rather just go bald.
    Sounds oddly similar to my RU experience lol.

@OP I experienced pretty heavy sides on RU, but most sides cleared up within 3 days of dropping RU and I was completely baselinke by 2 weeks.

I would like to give you guys a one week update. Still not sleeping all too well and peeping sound is still present. However, all symptoms are heavily reduced and I am confident I won't be stuck with them . I am sure my anxiety played a major role in the side-effects, but I am also sure that the RU initiated the effects. I haven't been more scared in my life during last week, as I was afraid that something was permanently damaged (the RU was obviously already out of my system). Anyways, it is not for me and I am flushing the works down the drain.

I know this is a bit old but I experienced the same thing for maybe about the first month or so, it gradually went away as I continued to use it. Might still happen very very faintly when I first lie down, but never stops me from sleeping or wakes me up or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    I know this is a bit old but I experienced the same thing for maybe about the first month or so, it gradually went away as I continued to use it. Might still happen very very faintly when I first lie down, but never stops me from sleeping or wakes me up or anything.
    This is consistent with what I've read elsewhere about propecia/dut sides sometimes going away after a few weeks or whatever.

I wish OP could clarify if his "peeping" noise was tinnitus-like or something else.

If RU is so readily absorbed and active in some folks then it would seem like dropping it until symptoms cleared followed by resumption at half the prior concentration until no systemic effects were observed would be the proper protocol. But I understand OP is probably too scared to get near RU again.

For those just getting started, make a 1% concentrate and then work up to 5% but no more. I have to believe that if systemic effects are present then there is more than enough RU in the scalp to do the job and reducing concentration will cause no loss of efficacy.

No this isn't known in literature. It would be the other way around, they could downregulate but not upregulate with androgen deprivation.
    I read years ago in a study by Merck that finasteride causes upregulation of androgen receptors.

No this isn't known in literature. It would be the other way around, they could downregulate but not upregulate with androgen deprivation.
    Androgen deprivation can cause upregulation of androgen receptors. See this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21557276

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Androgen deprivation can cause upregulation of androgen receptors. See this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21557276
    I wonder... does this explain why - and I am assuming this to be true, as is the case with minox - that cessation of treatment results in rapid return to 'baseline' hair growth?

Would this hold true for RU too? Dut / Fin lower DHT on a systemic basis which might explain up-regulation of A receptors. But RU preferentially binds to the same receptors in the scalp (and allegedly elsewhere for those who suffer supposed systemic effects) while the rest of the body is still getting its wash of those hormones.

Can anyone who has stopped RU comment on whether they had a big shed or if things more or less stayed the same (at least until regular AA resumed)?