Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default follicept - what's this?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...5#.VO0QdMuIXqB

never heard of it. snake oil treatment?

Appears to be hitting the internet today? Hope it's not snake oil, but would not be surprised if it is.

Just went to the company's website (http://www.prometheonpharma.com/home.html) - no information on follicept, but it doesn't overtly appear illegitimate.

Product's website: **************

The company also made the following post on facebook:

"Here it is! Exciting development that will help us fund insulin patch development! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/follic...133000049.html "

yawn.. prove to me it does anything. Im not even wasting my time reading about it until they link a study showing it might be better than snake oil. Its not up to me to waste my money for 6 months to prove your crap works its their job not mine

yawn.. prove to me it does anything. Im not even wasting my time reading about it until they link a study showing it might be better than snake oil. Its not up to me to waste my money for 6 months to prove your crap works its their job not mine
    This.

Incidentally it's being labeled a "cosmetic" rather than a medical device or treatment. In other words, not proven to do anything.

its weird, they say they want to launch in 2015 but then on the pharmaceutical company's website they show that it has not gone through trials. Adenosine has been proven to be as effective as rogaine (I use it and not sure about it yet, hasn't been long enough, but at least no side effects) and also works by promoting IGF-1. It is certainly no finasteride though.

Just got this email from them. It doesn't seem like snake oil at all, but time will only tell how well it works. The good thing is he says you'd probably only have to apply it once a month or two though, because the growth factor transfers over to the next growth cycle. seems like kind of a histogen-lite. Hopefully something good will come of this, I could use a good minox replacement in 2015

"The reason for this is simple- we learned just a week or so ago that given our ingredients and dosing, the FDA classifies us as a cosmetic/natural remedy rather than a drug. Where Rogaine and Propecia use drugs that have the side effect of hair growth, our product uses the natural hormone IGF-1, which is the compound our own bodies use to regulate hair growth. This has long been known to be the ideal way to stimulate hair growth, but until core technology came about, no one could deliver directly to hair follicles in low enough doses to be safe but still effective. Our core platform technology allows large molecules, like insulin, IGF-1, and human growth hormone across the skin in just that way. So given this FDA classification, we can get to market much quicker- kind of like how food supplements at GNC don't go through clinical trials, they just have to be registered with the FDA and proven safe under basic guidelines. I am beginning the treatment on myself very soon, and will post before and after pictures, along with a few other early test subjects, as we gear up the manufacturing and distribution. All of the ingredients are safe and used in other cosmetic and consumer products, and the IGF-1 is at a tiny dose that won't harm the body but will still regrow hair. We just got pleasantly surprised with the classification allowing us to get to market even sooner- we have already been talking to the big players about our technology. "

"I'm going to dedicate my life to this trial"

....no pressure Devon, haha

Already reached out. The usual problem, research grade but not clinical grade. But they'll get back to me tomorrow about longer term supply.

These guys are in Australia.

https://www.lifetechnologies.com/ord...roduct/PHG0078
    Looks expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPowered Man View Post
    These guys are in Australia.

https://www.lifetechnologies.com/ord...roduct/PHG0078
    Looks expensive.
    research only use, useless

Devon what are the difference beetween a human use and a research only? If we need increlex for a trial we are pretty much ****ed, well maybe we can get the trial but mass production? A year cure cost 15000€ with increlex and similar drugs, wtf i don't know maybe with a single vial we can make 100 follicept lol anyway i will go back to research research and research