Threaded View

Nice finds NeedHair Asap. I will pass those on to Dr. Hsu.
    Pretty much all of those abstracts bode very well for this treatment. And as Dr. Hsu has told us, prolonged use of IGF-1 is probably bad for hair cells, but acute use may be great. Unlike a lot of people, I actually agree with follicept that while everything is possible, this actually has great promise. At the very least, it could be a stepping stone in the right direction, as we are now dealing with the most direct chemicals that control hair and cell fate.

Also, that was a nice way to find backup evidence for what I just wrote to boldy, namely that IGF-1 works against senescence, and that none of what he provided as evidence for follicept not working makes much sense when you're talking about direct causation. IGF-1 does all kinds of things in the body and bloodstream, and works differently in different cells/locations. I really do think that once follicept figures out exactly what the follicle needs and when it needs it, they will develop a good treatment(provided they stay interested). we will see if they hit the nail on the head on the first try

Also, it's been explained pretty thoroughly to us by trained scientists that e coli IGF is not any different for these purposes than human IGF. It drives me crazy that people on here think they know more than someone who has dedicated their whole life to biology and who is highly qualified. Finding one abstract that says human IGF is different does not mean that the general scientific consensus is such in terms of using it effectively, or that it makes a difference in this situation.

I have doubts about anything non stem-cell/cloning related working for hair loss at this point purely due to how complex balding is, but I hope I'm proven wrong. it is possible that IGF -1 is not enough on its own, but the complete opposite might be true. Sometimes simplicity is really the key, and a single compound can go a really long way. we have already seen this with the blockage of the androgen receptor. If IGF-1 is as powerful at controlling anagen induction and other stuff as these papers suggest, then other growth factors might simply be unnecessary.