X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joachim
    • May 2014

Originally posted by noisette
    I don't know if this abstract was already published here:

" These studies indicate that IGF-I may be an important regulator of skin 5 alpha R activity and, thus, may influence DHT formation "

Abstract

The action of added insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) on steroid 5 alpha-reductase (5 alpha R) activity was studied using primary cultures of rat or human scrotal skin fibroblasts. Agents were added to cultured cells (2 x 10(5) cells) for 2 days, and enzyme activity was measured by the percent conversion of [3H] testosterone to DHT over a 4-h period in the absence of fetal calf serum or other growth factors. DHT, but not testosterone, at 10(-7) M significantly increased 5 alpha R activity (rat, 1.5 +/- 0.3% to 3.0 +/- 0.4%; human, 7.6 +/- 1.7% to 11.4 +/- 2.9%; P < 0.01). IGF-I (10(-9)-6.4 x 10(-9) M), but not IGF-II (10(-9)-10(-8) M) or insulin (10(-9)-10(-7) M), increased enzyme activity in a dose-related fashion [i.e. 1.5 +/- 0.5 to 10 +/- 2 in rat and 6.0 +/- 1.1 to 9.8 +/- 1.6% (P < 0.01) in human cells]. No change in cell numbers was observed in any experiment. Since the effect of IGF-I was about 100 times that of androgen, we studied the possibility that androgen induction of the enzyme activity could be via IGF-I production. Addition of a monoclonal antibody against IGF-I significantly reduced the effect of DHT, and simultaneous addition of a specific IGF-I receptor antibody blocked the expected induction of 5 alpha R activity (control, 4.9 +/- 0.5; DHT, 8.0 +/- 1.9; DHT plus IGF-I receptor antibody, 3.7 +/- 0.4%). No effect on 3 alpha-reduction of [3H]DHT to 3 alpha-androstanediol was detected in separate experiments. These studies indicate that IGF-I may be an important regulator of skin 5 alpha R activity and, thus, may influence DHT formation. The previously known androgen induction of this peripheral steroidogenic enzyme may be via paracrine/autocrine production of an IGF-I-type growth factor.
    hmm... it's a bit tricky to understand. what does it mean now? does IGF1 inhibit DHF production, or inhibit alpha reductase, or both?

Comment

• tf2legend
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Hemo
      LOL this is why you don't announce a product prematurely...who knows if they'll even be able to get IGF-1 within 6 months.
      It's difficult to get clinical grade IGF-1 because there aren't many who supply it. Hopefully the one supplier that Devon/Follicept has been in contact with solves this issue soon. I can't imagine it taking them as long as 6 months to produce it.

Devon said he would update us on Wednesday so hopefully he brings us some good news!

Comment

• Keki
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by tf2legend
        It's difficult to get clinical grade IGF-1 because there aren't many who supply it. Hopefully the one supplier that Devon/Follicept has been in contact with solves this issue soon. I can't imagine it taking them as long as 6 months to produce it.

Devon said he would update us on Wednesday so hopefully he brings us some good news!
        Ipsen took more then 1 year to produce again the only fda-igf-1 treatment, and we are talking about losing more then 50-60 millions dollars for this shortage, so how can this supplier produce almost the same thing it's a mistery, you can order the crap spray igf everywhere, but a fda igf-1 cost more then 1000€ for 1 vial it's very very hard to produce, do you think at ipsen like to lose millions and millions with a product fda and europe approved?

I think we are wasting time, luckly for us ipsen has released another batch, they need to order now before they finish again everything lol

Comment

• user619
          • Apr 2015

If we assume that their theory is going to be confirmed, is it also to work on the hairline? Furhermore I'd like to know why they don't do a trial on only one person first to proof whether it even works?

Comment

• user619
            • Apr 2015

btw rip english, but it's not my first language, so apologize the faults

Comment

• user619
              • Apr 2015

I really love how transparent they are! It would be great if they could announce the current situation in a youtube video and I really don't get why we shouldn't help them do their work. We are the ones suffering, aren't we?

Comment

• DerekM228
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by user619
                Furhermore I'd like to know why they don't do a trial on only one person first to proof whether it even works?
                Please read the posts, especially from Follicept. Devon is awaiting the first shipment so he can try it on himself and a select group of others.

Comment

• DerekM228
                  • Mar 2015

I really love how transparent they are! It would be great if they could announce the current situation in a youtube video and I really don't get why we shouldn't help them do their work. We are the ones suffering, aren't we?
                  Devon has been consistently posting the status multiple times per week in this thread.

Comment

• serenemoon
                    • Jan 2014

If we assume that their theory is going to be confirmed, is it also to work on the hairline? Furhermore I'd like to know why they don't do a trial on only one person first to proof whether it even works?
                    They need CLINICAL grade IGF-1, which they haven't used yet. They have used research grade IGF-1 on animal models, but it is best not to use that on humans because there may be harmful endotoxins in them. Clinical grade IGF-1 is hard to get, which is why they are waiting til they recieve it, at which point they will start the trials immediately. THey have a supplier working on it. I believe that Devon will be testing it on himself as soon as it is prepared. The good news is that one vial can make many, many doses AND and they will be working on the supply issue too.

Comment

• DerekM228
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Keki
                      Ipsen took more then 1 year to produce again the only fda-igf-1 treatment, and we are talking about losing more then 50-60 millions dollars for this shortage, so how can this supplier produce almost the same thing it's a mistery, you can order the crap spray igf everywhere, but a fda igf-1 cost more then 1000€ for 1 vial it's very very hard to produce, do you think at ipsen like to lose millions and millions with a product fda and europe approved?

I think we are wasting time, luckly for us ipsen has released another batch, they need to order now before they finish again everything lol
                      Can I ask you why they should use Increlex? That product is not IGF-1, it is a solution of several chemicals in which the active ingredient is IGF-1:

"INCRELEX® is a sterile, aqueous, clear and colorless solution intended for subcutaneous injection. Each multi-dose vial of INCRELEX® contains 10 mg per mL mecasermin (IGF-1), 9 mg per mL benzyl alcohol, 5.84 mg per mL sodium chloride, 2 mg per mL polysorbate 20, and 0.05M acetate at a pH of approximately 5.4."

I doubt Follicept wants the inactive ingredients. They have their own they need to use.

Comment

• Keki
                        • Mar 2015

I doubt they can't separate the alcohol and salt from igf, and they said 1 vial can be useful for create lots of follicept (1000x less then an injection, so with a 10mg they make 1000 follicept?? even 100 will worth it). I'm keeping it real, it doesn't exist any fda igf-1 other then increlex, simply checked every single trial which involved human and igf-1, not a single one other then increlex. Even the source they used in the follicept web site used increlex, enough said...

Anyway it's just pure igf-1 and some alchool, so they took 1 year to produce few thousands mg of igf-1, how can i trust a random supplier to succeed where ipsen failed?
                        I don't know why the research one and the crap spray is cheap as **** while the "official" igf-1 human recombinat is freaking impossible to make, i think it involve months of cultivation while the cheap one is made with a blender i don't know, but for sure the FDA igf-1 is only one...

Comment

• grayfoxxx
                          • Mar 2015

I am following this thread everyday for weeks... can't wait to see more updates, this product is my final hope.

Comment

• zeos
                            • Oct 2013

is it possible to use your own igf-1 released from your own fat stem cells?

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

Its just a shame its not possible to do with RU because that would probably work wonders but I agree definitely not worth the time/costs to do that classified as a drug. RU was like castration levels of androgens way better than fin or dut and it competes with not just DHT but T too

Comment

• Clion1995
                                • Jan 2015

I like the idea of how they're supplying the hair with something that directly makes it grow. Asked my professors their opinions on this (one is balding and went to Harvard for grad school)and he said based on the articles and on the idea that they can deliver IGF-1 through a good vehicle the science is all there. Now they just have to get the dosing down and all the other bullshit that comes along with creating products.

Comment

Working...