Closed Thread
Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

To me this means there is no requirement they prove it works which usually goes along with snake oil, but as always I am open to evidence showing it works. But until that happens its just snake oil to me until its proven there is a good chance it actually might work

the FDA classifies us as a cosmetic/natural remedy rather than a drug.

I wouldn't call it snake oil, it's based on good science, but yeah not much testing yet to get excited about, and there are always wrenches thrown in when it comes to mpb. Who knows if the dose is strong enough to override the self destruct command.

I sent an email to them in order to have some informations. If this product can be a cure. And this is the answer :

" Thanks! It isn’t quite a cure, that would take a genetic change, most likely. But it is more effective than rogaine and can regrow hair in balding areas. "

and
    "
    And please, spread the word to as many people as possible. The more signups, the sooner we can get going! "

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    I sent an email to them in order to have some informations. If this product can be a cure. And this is the answer :

" Thanks! It isn’t quite a cure, that would take a genetic change, most likely. But it is more effective than rogaine and can regrow hair in balding areas. "

and
    "
    And please, spread the word to as many people as possible. The more signups, the sooner we can get going! "
    more effective than rogaine? where the hell did this treatment come from all of a sudden? i have to admit, the science behind their product is pretty legit

Quote Originally Posted by oppenheimer82 View Post
    more effective than rogaine? where the hell did this treatment come from all of a sudden? i have to admit, the science behind their product is pretty legit
    + 1 , yes Bro... And the Doctor behind this product is : http://www.prometheonpharma.com/steve.hsu.html

Quote Originally Posted by oppenheimer82 View Post
    Sure the science behind IGF-1 is legit, but it has to be injected into the scalp. It's going to take a lot to convince me that an OTC topical form of IGF-1 is going to be effective, or even affordable.

My impulse was that this would be another snake oil. However, the company and the doctor behind the treatment are definitely legit and I really don't think it would be in businesswire if it was a snake oil. Stephen Hsu, MD, PhD seems to have fantastic credentials. Talk about a bolt out of the blue - that treatment to bridge many of us over for the next few years might have just landed on our lap, out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    Sure the science behind IGF-1 is legit, but it has to be injected into the scalp. It's going to take a lot to convince me that an OTC topical form of IGF-1 is going to be effective, or even affordable.
    Well transdermal delivery is what this startup is all about. I have no idea about efficacy but I wouldn't doubt the ability to get it into the scalp or the desire to make it affordable. That's just good business.

Quote Originally Posted by DanWS View Post
    My impulse was that this would be another snake oil. However, the company and the doctor behind the treatment are definitely legit and I really don't think it would be in businesswire if it was a snake oil. Stephen Hsu, MD, PhD seems to have fantastic credentials. Talk about a bolt out of the blue - that treatment to bridge many of us over for the next few years might have just landed on our lap, out of nowhere.
    You do realize that anyone can pay to put out a press release on businesswire for anything, right? Just like running a classified ad.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Well transdermal delivery is what this startup is all about. I have no idea about efficacy but I wouldn't doubt the ability to get it into the scalp or the desire to make it affordable. That's just good business.
    It seems we won't have to wait long to find out at least. I will wait and see if others have success before I try it. I'm not too keen on putting something that promotes cancer growth on the same spot where I'm already putting unproven chemicals.