Closed Thread
Page 101 of 187 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1862

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Agreed there. Just wanted to kick a sense of reality into that pink glasses "Look how much cancer treatment has progressed, so we'll find a hairloss cure soon too !!!!" guy, while cancer treatment progression over the last 50 years for most types of cancer has been actually a (sad) joke. Anyway indeed my last post about it, I'll leave it to discuss follicept, that's what you guys are here for
    Sorry, no sense kicked in me yet.

Did your college courses allow Wikipedia as a source? I chose that website because it was easy to read all in one. If you want me to post a more valid source to every individual rate I will.

Also, just because median survival is low doesn't mean anything about how long the survival is. Do you know the difference between median and mean? The responses, although less than 50%, have lasted several years and are still going.

Also read this http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ASCO/46159

Sorry, I'll let the thread (which was already de-railed ) get back on track.

Well, I think it's important to realize that a lot of people confuse progress in research with progress in treatments. Both in cancer and in hairloss, research and understanding has made a tremendous progress over the last decades. However in terms of treatments, there's pretty much no progress at all (apart from a few meds with big sides that for some people do work). There's always a 'next problem' to overcome. Like in hairloss, we've solved hairloss in mice and we can now even create human hair in the lab ! However, just as with cancer research, there's always a new hurdle to overcome and only god knows when that happens: might be tomorrow, might not even happen the next 100 years. But, one thing is sure: for any given hairloss therapy that still needs testing, the chances of it succeeding are tremendously small.
    Yeah, I'll give you that. Only time will tell though. Seems like we're all just antsy at this point. We've pretty much exhausted all possible discussion at this point. Unless someone pops out with a previously unseen IGF-1 hair loss study, we're just running in circles waiting for the test results.

Well, I think it's important to realize that a lot of people confuse progress in research with progress in treatments. Both in cancer and in hairloss, research and understanding has made a tremendous progress over the last decades. However in terms of treatments, there's pretty much no progress at all (apart from a few meds with big sides that for some people do work). There's always a 'next problem' to overcome. Like in hairloss, we've solved hairloss in mice and we can now even create human hair in the lab ! However, just as with cancer research, there's always a new hurdle to overcome and only god knows when that happens: might be tomorrow, might not even happen the next 100 years. But, one thing is sure: for any given hairloss therapy that still needs testing, the chances of it succeeding are tremendously small.
    Every therapy need testing. You're talking BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Every therapy need testing. You're talking BS.
    Right. I forgot that hairloss is cured and dying of cancer is a thing of the past. Have a nice day !

Googled & found this,is this the confirmation we need to show there's a good chance it might work???

"IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor)" is a very important growth factor produced in cells throughout the body and it plays critical roles not only in promoting the physical growth but in boosting the immune system and healing power of the body. The growth factor is also produced in the hair follicle and promotes hair growth by proliferating keratinocytes, thereby improving alopecia. IGF-1 is decreased due to any reasons such as stress and aging, which induces hair loss. Therefore, promotion of IGF-I production by the safe method is critical for maintenance of normal hair growth and also for restoration of hair growing power in patients with alopecia.

See link

http://www.jhgc.com.sg/theory/igf-1/index.html

Good Luck Follicept

Quote Originally Posted by baldie42 View Post
    Googled & found this,is this the confirmation we need to show there's a good chance it might work???

"IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor)" is a very important growth factor produced in cells throughout the body and it plays critical roles not only in promoting the physical growth but in boosting the immune system and healing power of the body. The growth factor is also produced in the hair follicle and promotes hair growth by proliferating keratinocytes, thereby improving alopecia. IGF-1 is decreased due to any reasons such as stress and aging, which induces hair loss. Therefore, promotion of IGF-I production by the safe method is critical for maintenance of normal hair growth and also for restoration of hair growing power in patients with alopecia.

See link

http://www.jhgc.com.sg/theory/igf-1/index.html

Good Luck Follicept
    Arasia, Nameless and Swooping are going to say: It's just not going to work.

wowowowowow