+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Reasonable Setipip / OC price?

Hey everyone, I emailed teamMTL as suggested by SD, see my email and their reply below:

nave13579 writes:

"Hello,

I - as well as thousands others - on online hairloss forums are very interested in purchasing setipiprant or OC. Unlikie setipripant, OC is currently available on other markets for unreasonable prices, however consumers would prefer setipiprant as it is applied orally opposed to topically.

If you are willing / able to enter this market you will have thousands of (very happy) supporters and customers.

I hope you can help! Let me know if I or the community can help provide more info.

Thanks!"

teamMTL replies:

"what is a reasonable price for setipiprant ? OC? on a per amount basis of course kindly inform/
    we can evaluate within that as a primary basis."

What do you guys suggest I respond? I don't want to low ball and therefore deter business, but I want it to be somewhat affordable

I'd like to try 250 mg daily so maybe $200 for 7.5g?

I think orally it has to be like 200-400 mgrams daily to do anything for either drug. OC seems to have results at like one ml of 3% per day, so do the math on that. I think the concentration actually should be much higher though.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    I'd like to try 250 mg daily so maybe $200 for 7.5g?
    Should I suggest this? What do others think?

"This was an open-label, 2-period, 2-way crossover, randomized study in which 20 healthy women and men (1:1 ratio) received either 2 250-mg capsules or a 500-mg tablet of setipiprant. Subjects were between 18 and 45 years old, with a body mass index of 18.0 to 28.0 kg/m(2). Differences in pharmacokinetics of setipiprant formulations were explored overall and by sex."

so we basically need something close to 500 mg per day. thats 3.5 grams per week. If you want to pay no more than 280 bucks per month, then the price per gram has to be about 20 bucks. kane is selling it for 280 per gram. You can see the difficulty here. we can try to use a half-dose, or use OC topically.

Latest on my contact with teamMTL:

nave13579 says:

"Hello again,

Setitpiprant was shown effective for hairloss while being tested for asthma, and in those trials 500mg was used per day i believe (so i guess that would be 15 - 15.5 grams a month)

We don't know the costs for you to produce it, however I have seen people on the forums suggest they would like to pay a few hundred dollars a month (obviously less if possible haha).

But again we don't know the costs to you? Do the above number seem within reason? Or is that insufficient funding?

Thanks again!"

teamMTL replies:

"My guess offhand is that the price would have to be higher than most could bear, but we can see. I am guess though more on the order of $300/15g as any reasonable estimate. But it may be less. We'll get back, -- if not word by the end of the month get back to us."

So their reasonable estimate is $300 a month if you take 500mg a day. Hopefully it ends up being less as he says it might, but I guess this is a start.

I'll let everyone know if he gets back to me before the end of the month

I think 300 for 15 g is great. Probably would take 250mg personally though.

Isn't there a way to make our own topical out of setipiprant? If so, then $300/15g would be relatively cheap knowing that with a concentration of 10% you could last 5 months, meaning that it would only be $60/month...

Setipip doesn't dissolve well. Kane charges 300 per gram so this def progress. It might be better to get TM or OC which we can use topically and maybe less of. Might also be cheaper. Ask the guy about TM, I forget the whole drug name but apparently it's the most potent. I don't think it has the same safety testing though.

This is great news, but we definitely need to get this tested from a third party. Also, hopefully the dose for the asthma trial was comparable to what they plan to use for hair. Someone should really try to get ahold of them or visit the dermatologist in CA to see what dosage they will be using?