OC and setipip news

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BottleCap
    • Apr 2015

Ok, stupidly just realised you can't PM on this forum, go to ************ and PM on there if your interested in the sepi group buy.

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

If this thing went through all these different trials already where are any of the results or even informal observations of what happened with hair? I mean there isnt a single study or anything on what it does in humans for hair yet even with the years of testing for asthma it already had? Pretty odd. Just show some results maybe its not even worth getting excited about.
      The potential PGD2 is simply another minor player among others is certainly there in which case its still mainly androgens causing it

Comment

• burtandernie
        • Nov 2012

How would no one notice hair growth in these studies if that happened? If it didnt happen in these studies maybe it doesnt work. The results should be known already.

"Setipiprant has previously been studied as a potential allergic inflammation treatment, including a phase 3 study in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis and a phase 2 study in patients with asthma, the release stated. No serious adverse events were reported and treatment was well tolerated in the studies. Actelion suspended the development of setipiprant due to lack of efficacy seen in the studies, according to the release."

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
          How would no one notice hair growth in these studies if that happened? If it didnt happen in these studies maybe it doesnt work. The results should be known already.

"Setipiprant has previously been studied as a potential allergic inflammation treatment, including a phase 3 study in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis and a phase 2 study in patients with asthma, the release stated. No serious adverse events were reported and treatment was well tolerated in the studies. Actelion suspended the development of setipiprant due to lack of efficacy seen in the studies, according to the release."
          Maybe a larger dose is needed. C'mon, are we seriously questioning whether or not this has any possibility of working after kythera picked it up after studying it for 2 years? Then a huge pharma company like Allergan buys Kythera with plans to develop the drug. There is plenty we don't know, but I can say for sure that both the CEO of Kythera and Allergan said they were "very excited" about the drug.

Comment

• joel203
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
            Maybe a larger dose is needed. C'mon, are we seriously questioning whether or not this has any possibility of working after kythera picked it up after studying it for 2 years? Then a huge pharma company like Allergan buys Kythera with plans to develop the drug. There is plenty we don't know, but I can say for sure that both the CEO of Kythera and Allergan said they were "very excited" about the drug.
            when do you think roughly this will be out or when is the phase 2 results coming out ? anytime before 2020?

Comment

• burtandernie
              • Nov 2012

Yeah I guess im not questioning if it works because it must. I question why we havent seen any results even informal like they saw a bunch of hair regrowth or most guys didnt lose any more hair. Nothing? I guess in my boat with minor gradual loss I am wondering if its worth trying propecia or just waiting for another year or 2 and see if I can use this. I would love to skip the whole hormone altering thing completely

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by joel203
                when do you think roughly this will be out or when is the phase 2 results coming out ? anytime before 2020?
                Yea, for sure. I think under current FDA rules we'd see the drug in ~3 years. However, the 21st Century Cures Act should cut that time in half. I'm 95% sure that bill will become law, it's too widely supported, and would mean the US stays at the top of the field. Other wealthy countries around the world are pouring billions into becoming major players on a global scale.

Comment

• joel203
                  • Jun 2014

Yea, for sure. I think under current FDA rules we'd see the drug in ~3 years. However, the 21st Century Cures Act should cut that time in half. I'm 95% sure that bill will become law, it's too widely supported, and would mean the US stays at the top of the field. Other wealthy countries around the world are pouring billions into becoming major players on a global scale.
                  really? I'm currently a NW2 and getting sides with fin (profuse sweating) so for a maintenance drug like seti to come out soon would be awesome so I can get off fin as I really do think I'm messing my hormones up but too scared to come off ( its a lose lose situation). Would the 21st cures act include seti however

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by joel203
                    really? I'm currently a NW2 and getting sides with fin (profuse sweating) so for a maintenance drug like seti to come out soon would be awesome so I can get off fin as I really do think I'm messing my hormones up but too scared to come off ( its a lose lose situation). Would the 21st cures act include seti however
                    It should include seti because the 21st Century Cures Act is an amendment to the United States Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

It's also meant to change the FDA process in general, not just for life-saving drugs.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

It should include seti because the 21st Century Cures Act is an amendment to the United States Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

It's also meant to change the FDA process in general, not just for life-saving drugs.
                      If this takes longer than 6 months to pass, the FDA is an even bigger joke than it is today.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
                        If this takes longer than 6 months to pass, the FDA is an even bigger joke than it is today.
                        Hey man, if after those 8 trials, excellent safety, a phase 3, and allowing biomarkers as evidence enough, then yes, they are absolutely incompetent.

All they would need to do is use PGD2 biomarker in the scalp and discover whether or not set reduces the levels back to normal. No 6 months of use in a double blind study.

Comment

• swissTemplez
                          • Oct 2014

Wow you guys think 150 bucks per gram is cheap?

I bought 12.5g for 170$ at phg. Third party tested too. Let me know if you want to buy a gram for hmm let's say 100$ lol.

Comment

Working...