+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    21st Century Cures passed the house 344-77. 70 of "no" votes were by Republicans (go figure).

This is excellent news. They were hoping to get 350 votes which is the overwhelming majority, but this is very close and the White House has expressed support of the bill and willing to work on it.
    Lol Republicans. At Least they are always pro business...

A little bit of a guess but how much in treatment timelines will this speed anything up? Out of all the possible stuff coming what is the first scheduled thing to arrive and what treatments for MPB might qualify for this speed increase?
    To me CB 03 01 feels like another AA I mean there has to mounds of data on how these work by now. Does it really need 3 more years to prove its safe? I dont know out of all the new stuff CB feels like something we need fast as an alternative to propecia to just maintain for the other stuff. It also feels very familiar and safe IMO and throw in the fact its topical this time as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    A little bit of a guess but how much in treatment timelines will this speed anything up? Out of all the possible stuff coming what is the first scheduled thing to arrive and what treatments for MPB might qualify for this speed increase?
    To me CB 03 01 feels like another AA I mean there has to mounds of data on how these work by now. Does it really need 3 more years to prove its safe? I dont know out of all the new stuff CB feels like something we need fast as an alternative to propecia to just maintain for the other stuff. It also feels very familiar and safe IMO and throw in the fact its topical this time as a bonus.
    Honestly, I think the drugs in trials that will benefit the most are likely bimatoprost and setipiprant.

Bimatoprost, because it's already on the market, has undergone as much as a phase 2b trial. There's also a provision for drugs that are repurposed. In this case, it would be eyelashes to hair.

Setipiprant, because it's undergone 8 clinical trials, including a phase 3. It has safety data on thousands of patients. There is much that is already known about this drug through data. The only thing that is missing is efficacy for hair loss. If the plan for the 21st Century Cures Act is to streamline the process, then it would be doing just that for a drug that has safely passed 8 clinical trials, and had a phase 3. Also "cures" hair loss for future generations.

I'm very optimistic because of how a lot of things are aligning. It might seem like this will never end, but for how badly things have gone, there is finally a GIANT and very well-funded company with well-researched drugs that will be able to solve hair loss for the masses. Simultaneously, there is a bill which plans to streamline, speed up, and modernize clinical trials. It just passed the house with 82% of the vote, and will likely be signed into law before the year is out.

I am speculating to a degree. If all that time, research, and drug development has amounted to two complementing, effective, drugs already in phase 2, and there is a law that will speed everything up...then this will be resolved rather soon.

Ah okay. I hope it turns out well and things happen quickly too. I wonder if fin will still have a place even with new treatments. None of the new treatments work exactly like finasteride so maybe it will still be used in combination.

So what is the current state of setipip?
    In the thread "Summer cutting edge treatments update: 2015" it says there will be a POC study 2016.
    On the other hand, the active component seems to be available already on the market so that people could use it if they knew dosage and vehicle. Or find it out through experimentation. Oral taking also does not need a vehicle. My guess is that it is still pretty expensive right now. Are there already people using it? When might we be able to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxo View Post
    So what is the current state of setipip?
    In the thread "Summer cutting edge treatments update: 2015" it says there will be a POC study 2016.
    On the other hand, the active component seems to be available already on the market so that people could use it if they knew dosage and vehicle. Or find it out through experimentation. Oral taking also does not need a vehicle. My guess is that it is still pretty expensive right now. Are there already people using it? When might we be able to use it?
    Well, the case of Setipiprant is very interesting. It has 8 clinical trials completed, including a phase 3 and safety data with thousands of patients. Under the current FDA rules, they'd have to complete a phase 2 poc and a phase 3. However, there is a bill that just passed Congress that has almost universal support, called the "21st Century Cures Act." I'd say there is a 95% chance it gets signed into law. The plan has also always been to sign it into law before the year is out, because 2016 is an election year.

Under the new law, I strongly believe a drug like this will get consideration for it's vast safety data and the number of trials it has already completed. It may just have to show efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Honestly, I think the drugs in trials that will benefit the most are likely bimatoprost and setipiprant.

Bimatoprost, because it's already on the market, has undergone as much as a phase 2b trial. There's also a provision for drugs that are repurposed. In this case, it would be eyelashes to hair.

Setipiprant, because it's undergone 8 clinical trials, including a phase 3. It has safety data on thousands of patients. There is much that is already known about this drug through data. The only thing that is missing is efficacy for hair loss. If the plan for the 21st Century Cures Act is to streamline the process, then it would be doing just that for a drug that has safely passed 8 clinical trials, and had a phase 3. Also "cures" hair loss for future generations.

I'm very optimistic because of how a lot of things are aligning. It might seem like this will never end, but for how badly things have gone, there is finally a GIANT and very well-funded company with well-researched drugs that will be able to solve hair loss for the masses. Simultaneously, there is a bill which plans to streamline, speed up, and modernize clinical trials. It just passed the house with 82% of the vote, and will likely be signed into law before the year is out.

I am speculating to a degree. If all that time, research, and drug development has amounted to two complementing, effective, drugs already in phase 2, and there is a law that will speed everything up...then this will be resolved rather soon.
    Well said. Agree on all points. Optimism has never been higher in my mind. I think by 2020 we'll have multiple new effective avenues to attack AGA, vastly superior to anti DHT and minoxidil.

Its 2015 right now. I hope its not 2020 before anything new shows up that is a long time. I dont live forever unfortunately so time does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Its 2015 right now. I hope its not 2020 before anything new shows up that is a long time. I dont live forever unfortunately so time does matter.
    I agree, and I think we will have at least 1 new, very effective option between now and then. If nothing shows up in 2 years, scrounge up as much cash as you can, fly to Japan, and get replicel done. If it takes 2 round trips and $20,000, then do it. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

If it takes getting a loan from a bank, do it. There is no sense languishing over this for the next 5 years, or being on fin for that much longer. I've been on fin for the past 2 years, and while I'm grateful that I'm not on the norwood scale, I've hated every minute of being on this drug.

You're not on the norwood scale...? Why are you on Fin?