+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    That's the thing though. No one is willing to do so which is why a lot of what we have is pretty much anecdotal. Some individuals on hairlosshelp have gone out of their way to test it and say that it has held up their hairloss or at least been a great asset for them. King of Chimps, the guy who is the individual quoted in sd's original post says that is his primary and only form of hair loss prevention and that it has worked flawlessly. He also states in the thread that it's due to people's hesitations that things like OC are not more widely used. It does make sense though. People only really started jumping on RU after hellouser and irishpride posted some pretty stellar results.

I'm probably just being a little optimistic here though. I just want something that'll tide be over 'til a more effective treatment comes and doesn't make me worry as much as fin does.
    True. I am the one who jump onto RU after reading Hell's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    I like what you're trying to do here, sd. I've been thinking the same thing myself. We need more people to commit to trying a PGD2 blocker along with a PGF2a analogue. The theory is sound, and it's worth giving it a long trial. I think we should focus on TM30089 rather than OC though. It is more potent, completely inhibiting PGD2. It is also more soluble, and it should last longer between applications.

I bet if everyone on this forum starts taking TM and bimatoprost 1%, and sticks with it, we will see a lot more success stories in six months.
    I think honestly the best option is to follow researchers' lead and use what they think works, which is setipiprant. Otherwise OC seems to be a good candidate, as we know it can be made, sold, and used topically with success, though anecdotal. I do not need photo proof to buy it at a reasonable price. The science is there, the reports of it working are enough, and I have had enough of a change in shedding and itch with zyrtec alone that Im pretty positive this will work. If it doesn't then I simply won't buy any more. The health risks are basically nil. I don't know anything about TM, or if it targets the exact receptor that cots has implicated and linked to treatment with setipiprant.

Gerhard- These drugs do not reduce PGD2 levels. they block PGD2 from latching on to a very specific receptor that controls inflammation in hair. apically you still have the same amount of PGD2 floating around and interacting with other receptors that have nothing to do with hair. Im not sure what the long term effects of blocking this specific receptor are, but if Kythera and UPenn are confident in its safety, and they are in phase3 for asthma on these drugs, then the risks cannot be too high. I just want to be able to use this for the 5 years or so until we have a cell based treatment. In any case this is not going to slighter your sex organs or your brain, the most it could possibly do is be worse for your hair in the long run, but i highly doubt that considering the interest that kythera has in the drug, and I'm losing my hair anyway, so ill take that gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Gerhard- These drugs do not reduce PGD2 levels. they block PGD2 from latching on to a very specific receptor that controls inflammation in hair. apically you still have the same amount of PGD2 floating around and interacting with other receptors that have nothing to do with hair. Im not sure what the long term effects of blocking this specific receptor are, but if Kythera and UPenn are confident in its safety, and they are in phase3 for asthma on these drugs, then the risks cannot be too high. I just want to be able to use this for the 5 years or so until we have a cell based treatment. In any case this is not going to slighter your sex organs or your brain, the most it could possibly do is be worse for your hair in the long run, but i highly doubt that considering the interest that kythera has in the drug, and I'm losing my hair anyway, so ill take that gamble.
    Thanks for clearing up that misunderstanding on my end. I hope you're right about the risks being low. Either way, I find their risks of side effects to be far more tolerable in theory than those of continued DHT blocking. Do you really think we'll have a cell based treatment by 2020? Honestly, the naysayers make a good point by stating that this has been "on the horizon" for decades. But either way, as a maintenance option I'd definitely like to use OC or Seti due to their lack of sexual sides and pray that OC works as well for me as it has for kingofchips on hairloss help. Sounds like a godsend when he talks about it and I know he's not pushing bullshit due to others who've verified his claims and now with Cotsarelis backing his results with the pgd2 blocker studies. I'd be willing to take the risk too. Like you said, it's worth the gamble. Hell, half the time I can't tell if I'm more stressed from hairloss or the possibility of spontaneous ED.

If I did get on the OC train could I theoretically taper off fin or would you recommend I stick with it?

I highly doubt cell based treatments are coming. This has been a failure for decade and half now.

I don't mean to be a downer, but King of Chimps has also claimed many other things have completely stopped his hair loss over the years, including Eucapil and plain alcohol. I'm not sure he's he most reliable source, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelsBad View Post
    I don't mean to be a downer, but King of Chimps has also claimed many other things have completely stopped his hair loss over the years, including Eucapil and plain alcohol. I'm not sure he's he most reliable source, honestly.
    Well fuark. Guess I'm sticking with the bs that is propecia and tagging on some OC on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelsBad View Post
    Hmm that discouraging. Still worth a try I think, although I think the concentrations have to be much higher. I think the ideal is to get setipiprant at like a 250 mg oral dose daily.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Hmm that discouraging. Still worth a try I think, although I think the concentrations have to be much higher. I think the ideal is to get setipiprant at like a 250 mg oral dose daily.
    Definitely a low blow I didn't see coming. However some in that thread experienced great results from adding OC as well so I'm hesitant to think it's total bullhockey.

Is entirely blocking PGD2 as TM30089 does healthy and capable of long term usage? I'd think that a total suppression could lead to negative side effects. I figured the usage of OC or setipriprant's ultimate goal was to lower these PGD2 levels in bald and balding men back down to normal scalp levels.
    That's a great point. I wouldn't want to use it long term, but for initial regrowth it should be superior to OC. Once you've made some gains you can drop down to OC, and should be able to maintain.

Definitely a low blow I didn't see coming. However some in that thread experienced great results from adding OC as well so I'm hesitant to think it's total bullhockey.
    No i dont think its bull at all. the science is there, and cetirizine, which is much less selective, definitely at least gets rid of the inflammation on my head.

I do think that you probably need a greater dose than 1% a day. The asthma studies use like 400mg a day, so you dprob need to get that amount into your scalp. I really think its best to press these guys on the oral setipiprant too, because we know the doses for asthma, it has sceintific backing from cotsarellis, and it really cant hurt to try if we can get a fair price. if a thousand guys email this dude guaranteed he starts making it.