+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default OC info+ use RU at your own risk

Here is a post by someone on another forum. I have researched and double-researched the science on this, and we need to make OC the new standard in experimental treatments. This means either getting Kane to switch over price wise, or finding a new supplier. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked into RU, am using it myself, and can say the following- it absolutely affects your testes and prostate, and from what I've looked into , has a high chance of changing your androgen receptors and actually damaging your hair in the long run. OC and BIM are much better options, and we are being screwed because of the price. let's fix this. Stop ordering RU and let's maintain with something that has proven safety.

"Use OC ethanol. SAME thing happened to me with the old version, but I attribute it to the use of DMSO which is an irritant like many say.
    Avoid DMSO.

I dissolve the new OC (ethanol) in guess what..ethanol. I add a small drop of DIM (search it).

It killed shedding.
    I started with 2% version, but 1% works ok too. You know it is working when the itching decreased and after the shedding decrease. It also reduces oil on the face (nice side effect).

No other side effects other than maybe insomnia if you take late in evening.

How many times do I have to say: I stopped losing hair, period. My hair is exactly the same as 1 year ago, and maybe a bit thicker on the crown but not in a way that would be very obvious on camera.

Any other treatments? Yes I was on RU for 3 years, dropped it after 6 months from starting OC since OC did the job. I have been on minox for 10 years. I use it now and then.

OC does not cause itching, it is DMSO. You don t have to use everyday, I went for a trip and stopped taking it for 3 weeks, only slight increase in shed.

OC= no more hair loss, period. And I got it from Kane, and if you think I am advertising for Kane then please don't ask anymore questions (I Have other threads on OC so you can find your answers there). I am tired of having to explain to people how good it is and only return a month later to find that no one has tried it. WTF?!

You would be better off with one application of OC a week rather than nothing...so OC can be cheap. "

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Here is a post by someone on another forum. I have researched and double-researched the science on this, and we need to make OC the new standard in experimental treatments. This means either getting Kane to switch over price wise, or finding a new supplier. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked into RU, am using it myself, and can say the following- it absolutely affects your testes and prostate, and from what I've looked into , has a high chance of changing your androgen receptors and actually damaging your hair in the long run. OC and BIM are much better options, and we are being screwed because of the price. let's fix this. Stop ordering RU and let's maintain with something that has proven safety.

"Use OC ethanol. SAME thing happened to me with the old version, but I attribute it to the use of DMSO which is an irritant like many say.
    Avoid DMSO.

I dissolve the new OC (ethanol) in guess what..ethanol. I add a small drop of DIM (search it).

It killed shedding.
    I started with 2% version, but 1% works ok too. You know it is working when the itching decreased and after the shedding decrease. It also reduces oil on the face (nice side effect).

How many times do I have to say: I stopped losing hair, period. My hair is exactly the same as 1 year ago, and maybe a bit thicker on the crown but not in a way that would be very obvious on camera.

Any other treatments? Yes I was on RU for 3 years, dropped it after 6 months from starting OC since OC did the job. I have been on minox for 10 years. I use it now and then.

OC does not cause itching, it is DMSO. You don t have to use everyday, I went for a trip and stopped taking it for 3 weeks, only slight increase in shed.

OC= no more hair loss, period. And I got it from Kane, and if you think I am advertising for Kane then please don't ask anymore questions (I Have other threads on OC so you can find your answers there). I am tired of having to explain to people how good it is and only return a month later to find that no one has tried it. WTF?!

You would be better off with one application of OC a week rather than nothing...so OC can be cheap. "
    Been reading your multiple posts and threads over the last few days. I'd love to start by saying thanks, SD. I know you received some shit from some of the guys on the forum not too long ago due to your pointing out potential sides, etc., but I'm pretty sure we can all say you've contributed more to this forum than anyone else has as of late. We all appreciate your crusading, brother. I'm not sure if I'm willing to jump out on the OC train with you yet. Not because of worries via side effects but more due to a lack of cash and the high price it is purportedly set at right now. I hope this works as well as the anecdote quoted above and I hope you and everyone else can talk the price down with Kane in order to make this a viable method.

As you say - we need to hold out for a treatment like Replicel but the journey needs us to get there with hair still intact.

How do I get ahold of Kane to email him and help you with this?

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=110590

Here's the thread he found this anecdote from if anyone is interested.

EDIT: If you do decide to read it please read through the whole thing. Pretty darn positive review by the guy who decided to hop on it. This definitely seems to be a maintenance drug so if you still have a half decent head of hair this may not be too bad. It's side effect profile to these two guys sounds like a less severe version of the accutane skin dryness I experienced when I was 15. We really should discuss with Kane a group buy or a price drop. This sounds like a pretty good black market treatment (not hormonal and insignificant side effect profile) until we can hopefully get Cotsarelis' setipriprant or (crossing my fingers here) Replicel's cell based treatment to halt MPB in its tracts.

You're doing some beautiful work, SD. Keep on doing what you're doing, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Been reading your multiple posts and threads over the last few days. I'd love to start by saying thanks, SD. I know you received some shit from some of the guys on the forum not too long ago due to your pointing out potential sides, etc., but I'm pretty sure we can all say you've contributed more to this forum than anyone else has as of late. We all appreciate your crusading, brother. I'm not sure if I'm willing to jump out on the OC train with you yet. Not because of worries via side effects but more due to a lack of cash and the high price it is purportedly set at right now. I hope this works as well as the anecdote quoted above and I hope you and everyone else can talk the price down with Kane in order to make this a viable method.

As you say - we need to hold out for a treatment like Replicel but the journey needs us to get there with hair still intact.

How do I get ahold of Kane to email him and help you with this?
    Thanks bro. Google anageninc and he has his contact on there. Even if you can't buy it just drop him a line saying that you would if it was cheaper.

Also, to all you guys feeling shitty about this, the thing that helps me most is not these forums, but just finding acceptance of the situation and knowing that it's not the end of the world. A good majority of men have to deal with this at some point, and it will only impact you as much as you let it. I do think there's a light to this problem coming soon, but it's best not to let it run your life. learn to love yourself either way, by the time people are in their 30s most guys have ****ed up hair to some extent. Other people have other problems, life is very hard, and the man you are is dictated by how you deal with the hard things. Value your strength above your hair. Intelligent people don't let amount of hair dictate their life, and intelligent women don't care about how much hair a guy has.

Thanks bro. Google anageninc and he has his contact on there. Even if you can't buy it just drop him a line saying that you would if it was cheaper.

Also, to all you guys feeling shitty about this, the thing that helps me most is not these forums, but just finding acceptance of the situation and knowing that it's not the end of the world. A good majority of men have to deal with this at some point, and it will only impact you as much as you let it. I do think there's a light to this problem coming soon, but it's best not to let it run your life. learn to love yourself either way, by the time people are in their 30s most guys have ****ed up hair to some extent. Other people have other problems, life is very hard, and the man you are is dictated by how you deal with the hard things. Value your strength above your hair. Intelligent people don't let amount of hair dictate their life, and intelligent women don't care about how much hair a guy has.
    Sounds good, man. I'll email him tomorrow.

I definitely agree with your outlook. Good, solid words that need to be reiterated every so often on these forums. Sometimes I feel the individuals on this forum (myself included so I'm not tossing stones) can let hair loss get the best of us and we react by throwing pity parties and aggrandizing the problem. I've been reading up on OC today though and I can see why you talked so positively about it - good reviews from virtually everyone who's been on it and actually knows how to properly mix it.

Again, nice work on here, sd.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Sounds good, man. I'll email him tomorrow.

I definitely agree with your outlook. Good, solid words that need to be reiterated every so often on these forums. Sometimes I feel the individuals on this forum (myself included so I'm not tossing stones) can let hair loss get the best of us and we react by throwing pity parties and aggrandizing the problem. I've been reading up on OC today though and I can see why you talked so positively about it - good reviews from virtually everyone who's been on it and actually knows how to properly mix it.

Again, nice work on here, sd.
    Yeah I'm not one to push anything on here, because I truly believe acceptance is best and healthiest, but OC and setipip are good candidates for the option of fighting the good fight. There's really no good reason not to be able to buy them somewhere, **** the FDA and **** regulations, the demand for a safe treatment is out there, so let's join forces to make it happen. Cotsarellis did the hard work by figuring this stuff out, and now we have a means to act on that knowledge. I still think getting setipiprant would be the best option ( i hate topicals), but we can try both. I bet if we get 500 guys to email kane and other suppliers we can find a reasonable source. They potentially have a much more stable market to gain from this than from RU, which I think we are all a bit scared of.

I like what you're trying to do here, sd. I've been thinking the same thing myself. We need more people to commit to trying a PGD2 blocker along with a PGF2a analogue. The theory is sound, and it's worth giving it a long trial. I think we should focus on TM30089 rather than OC though. It is more potent, completely inhibiting PGD2. It is also more soluble, and it should last longer between applications.

I bet if everyone on this forum starts taking TM and bimatoprost 1%, and sticks with it, we will see a lot more success stories in six months.

What is OC?

Default Be Smart

Avoid DMSO.

It killed shedding.

Don't use RU. It is unsafe and does not work, unfortunately.

It's funny, there were many people here a couple of years ago saying RU was completely safe and it has no side effects as it would neutralize if it ever hit the blood stream.

Now, people are saying it's unsafe and can have very serious side effects.

All I can tell people is don't use any chemicals; Finasteride, Dut, RU, or whatever it may be. It's just not worth it. Don't play with your body's balance. We don't understand the pathway of balding yet, and attacking and cutting off completely DHT or other products of the body is completely idiotic and dangerous. It's like removing your teeth because you want to get rid of plaque. More importantly, if you mess up your hormonal balance, there is no known medical way to reverse it, so you'll be s*** out of luck.

The success of these chemicals is not even well documented. There is no chemical that will magically reverse a NW6-7 to a NW0. At most you'll get is slow down or, if you're very lucky, half a norwood. The possible negative consequences outweight that by a very very very large multitude.

If you want, save your money for a high quality FUE. That's about the only risk you should consider for your hair.