+ Reply to Thread

Default OC and setipirant questions

This is the email I just sent to actelion. I would really love some help figuring this out, I think it is an important question for us to establish before we start using OC or setipiprant. Kythera has been hard to reach, but the more people try to call and email kythera and actelion, the more chances we have of getting a handle on this. We have two possible drugs that could stop hair loss with really minimal risk, we gotta make this happen. **** using anti-androgens. I can almost guarantee that in 4-5 years we will have similar widely available options, but thats too long for most of us to wait or to risk our bodies. Everybody email kane and whoever can help out, please help me research these drugs. Keep in mind setipiprant is patented, so be suave about the way you ask things.

"Hello, I have a question about Setipiprant and other pGD2 blockers. I know your company recently sold the patent to this drug to Kythera pharmaceuticals, and as an investor I'm interested in its potential as a hair loss drug, as well as the potential of your current pipeline drugs for asthma. I have had a lot of difficulty contacting Kythera, and if you could answer a question to me I would be greatly indebted. Basically, I would be interested to know if it's a possibility that PGD2 receptor blockers have the ability to cause up-regulation at the receptor level, and end up doing more harm long term to the user than good. IS it possible that using setipiprant, for instance, would result in the body creating more receptor sites, and increasing sensitivity to PGD2? It seems like for asthma and hair loss, the drugs would have to be used for long periods of time. Reports of people withdrawing from zyrtec and other antihistamines makes me wonder whether those drugs are also up regulating receptor sites by blocking them, and causing these bad side reactions from long term use. Any information you could provide would be very much appreciated, thank you. "