+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

"Less than 5% of the actual people who used it stated that. " ????? I don't recall ever reading anyone saying that they used OC and it didn't do anything. Except for rockymtn, and he's only a week in. You literally pull figures out of your ass when it suits your beliefs, how could you even calculate that? All the evidence we have about OC is anecdotal , you're right- and pretty much every thread Ive ever read on it was positive, except that it was too expensive to keep up with. did you visit every forum and systematically count all the responses and then calculate that bunk percentage?? No? then stop misleading people.

Bottom line is no one knows how well OC and other pGD2 blockers work- I sure don't. But there's every reason to think they will have a positive effect, both anecdotally and based on the years of effort that the guys who discovered the pathway have put into it, and the quick work they made of finding an interested party to develop it. Could it fail? sure. but let's give it a shot, because not even the almighty all knowing swooping can say with any objective certainty wether or not it's good stuff. My educated guess is that it helps. and I think using a combination of new and safe treatments is the answer in the next few years. Propecia is already basically a miracle drug for most people as far as effectiveness is concerned, and the many of us who do not value hair over overall health just need something, or a combo of things, that works equally well. Sure, try fin and RU and see if you can tolerate them, I have tried RU myself, and am more convinced now that it is not safe. Try them- but also know that if you don't get side effects, it doesn't mean you're not playing with fire. Lots of people don't get screwed by these drugs until they are years down the line or until they stop the drug.

also Ive been using cetirizine alone for a month now and my shedding and itch have not returned. who knows if it is stopping my hair loss, but i have zero sides and just being rid of the itch and shedding is enough for me to be very interested in the PGD2 angle, at least as it concerns my own peace of mind. Minox only made my head feel worse. Cetirizine does not even target the right blocker, it just generally reduces PGD2, so who knows, the more specific antagonists could be a really good thing. TLR is in contact with me and he is working on getting a handful of things to you guys, including OC, Bim and CB. Just takes time to get them sourced and get the biz plan together. Hang tight.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Not sure if you caught it but I ordered expedited delivery. Also, the plastic vial system takes very little time once you get set up. I ordered these 0001-50 here https://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin2015.html (48 for $18.00+). Also, I just reduced the amount per day to 60 mg as 100 mg started to give me a little brain fog.
    My premix finally arrived (took almost 3 weeks) and I've been using it for four days, and have had no reduction in sebum at all, which is worrying. Last time by day four of each bottle I was noting a serious reduction.

I'll keep using it but I don't think this is a legit bottle. It may be that it wasn't freshly made, or got screwed up somewhere in the manufacture.

So I guess I'll have to order some powdered RU from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    "Less than 5% of the actual people who used it stated that. " ????? I don't recall ever reading anyone saying that they used OC and it didn't do anything. Except for rockymtn, and he's only a week in. You literally pull figures out of your ass when it suits your beliefs, how could you even calculate that? All the evidence we have about OC is anecdotal , you're right- and pretty much every thread Ive ever read on it was positive, except that it was too expensive to keep up with. did you visit every forum and systematically count all the responses and then calculate that bunk percentage?? No? then stop misleading people.

Bottom line is no one knows how well OC and other pGD2 blockers work- I sure don't. But there's every reason to think they will have a positive effect, both anecdotally and based on the years of effort that the guys who discovered the pathway have put into it, and the quick work they made of finding an interested party to develop it. Could it fail? sure. but let's give it a shot, because not even the almighty all knowing swooping can say with any objective certainty wether or not it's good stuff. My educated guess is that it helps. and I think using a combination of new and safe treatments is the answer in the next few years. Propecia is already basically a miracle drug for most people as far as effectiveness is concerned, and the many of us who do not value hair over overall health just need something, or a combo of things, that works equally well. Sure, try fin and RU and see if you can tolerate them, I have tried RU myself, and am more convinced now that it is not safe. Try them- but also know that if you don't get side effects, it doesn't mean you're not playing with fire. Lots of people don't get screwed by these drugs until they are years down the line or until they stop the drug.
    that's a major problem . I agree with u 100% . Side effects can develope down the road ! U might not have them right away but they can develop . I used 15% with out sides for months then I got sides . Dark circles and heart was beating slower after I applieed it . This could happen to any drug and it could happen to any1

So what is the best non finasteride option then? I am debating between RU and fin. I want the long term safest option which I know fin has the mountain of evidence but I am not a fan of systemic hormone changes internally

A bunch of guys have used OC on hairlosshelp. There is only one guy I know that swore by it and it was kingofchimps. I believe boldy used it to. If he is still around maybe he can comment on how it worked but I know must guys only saw a reduce in shedding. I think a lot of them dropped OC.

But here is a link to one of the OC threads

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...&enterthread=y