+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

“Changes in fat mass, muscle strength, sexual function, prostate volume, sebum [a secretion of a gland] production, and hematocrit [the proportion of the blood that consists of packed red blood cells] and lipid levels did not differ between groups,” the authors write.
    http://www.bu.edu/news/2012/03/07/st...ne-dht-in-men/

Quote Originally Posted by Give it a go View Post
    DHT has a strong effect on the central nervous system which is essential to strength gains(ie being able to add 2kgs to your bench press every week) and muscle recovery. Yes testosterone is the active androgen in muscle tissue but DHT helps it on its path to get there. Its why if your a body builder and you start taking fin instead of taking the usaul 1 or 2 days to recover it will probably take 3 sometimes 4 days due to low DHT levels in your system. You cant honestly say your body is running on all cylinders when you drastically lower your DHT levels, which are essential in the path to muscle gains.
    Yes, me too. Just find lifting and general exercise as less rewarding ie - more hard work required to achieve poorer results. also, I have to eat very sensibly or I put weight on at a rate of knots.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoxynil View Post
    Yes, me too. Just find lifting and general exercise as less rewarding ie - more hard work required to achieve poorer results. also, I have to eat very sensibly or I put weight on at a rate of knots.
    Very interesting. I've always been a skinny guy and have a difficult time putting on and maintaining muscle mass, but recently I've found it even more challenging than ever. I just assumed that it was due to recently turning 30 and that maybe by body was just changing, but I think it may have more to do with the Fin. It coincides perfectly with when I started taking it about 7 months ago. I'll start being more disciplined with my diet/workout regimen and see if that helps.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

It's easy to maintain your hair, but it's nearly impossible to regrow it. So definitely do something before you lose more.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    It's easy to maintain your hair, but it's nearly impossible to regrow it. So definitely do something before you lose more.
    Really? I always hear this, but many of us just can't use finasteride. When that's the case, it's pretty hard to maintain.

Yes definitely. The sooner the better, it's extremely hard to reverse damage (almost impossible) in male pattern baldness but preventing it is much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Really? I always hear this, but many of us just can't use finasteride. When that's the case, it's pretty hard to maintain.
    Notice I didn't say anything about side effects. RU and minox were working great for me, but I couldn't deal with the sides. I think a PGD2 blocker should be just as successful though without the sexual sides. I'm trying it now, so time will tell.

To the OP: If your hair loss goes untreated it will continue to get worse. Eventually it will get to the point where you will try anything to stop it. Since you're eventually going to try finasteride, or something stronger, it's better to do it now than later. You can probably get away with using a lower dose at this point since you caught the problem early.