+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post Do you think there will be a cure by 2025?

I am not yet 18 and I started losing hair at the temples. I can postpone the inevitable by 10-15 years using fin, ru etc... Do you think there will be a cure out for the public by then? I don't want to be pessimistic but people has been saying that a cure is 5 years away since the late 90s. Even if Histogen comes out it I don't think it would be a cure; Just something like an improved PRP/CRP. and it wouldn't be a permanent cure. The only hope we have is replicel, maybe follica. But still their progress seems to be really slow if not halted. So what do you think?

no one can answer this for you truthfully, because no one knows.

I would bet by 2025 we will have medication/cell base treatments that stop you from losing hair completely for the rest of your life. I would also bet that we have hair transplants with high percentage regeneration. However, this is speculation and I can't say for certain.

I think with recent advancements, we could have a cure going through trials then.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    no one can answer this for you truthfully, because no one knows.

I would bet by 2025 we will have medication/cell base treatments that stop you from losing hair completely for the rest of your life. I would also bet that we have hair transplants with high percentage regeneration. However, this is speculation and I can't say for certain.

I think with recent advancements, we could have a cure going through trials then.

lll second what FTL said. Full blown cure? Unlikely.

Greatly improved treatments to maintain hair? Very likely.
    Improved HTs with possible regeneration? Very likely.

Dont waste ur life waiting for bullshit.. i promise you, when theres a treament out in the market, you'll hear about it in the news..
    Right now, they're doing phase 3 clinical trials, trying both topically and orally a unique extract of "shit" to grow some hair..I belive they're 5 months far from release..

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post
    Dont waste ur life waiting for bullshit.. i promise you, when theres a treament out in the market, you'll hear about it in the news..
    Right now, they're doing phase 3 clinical trials, trying both topically and orally a unique extract of "shit" to grow some hair..I belive they're 5 months far from release..
    Yes , I agree , But 5 months or 5 years? I think you mean 5 years right?

I mean he wasn't really asking WILL THERE BE A CURE because everyone knows that is unanswerable. he is asking what do YOU think. That being said I think there will be 10 years is so long and medical advances will be huge. (I understand that statement can hold true for any year/decade) I also think at least for me a thing to look forward to is the advances in HT. I am 19 and about a NW1.5 and holding my hairline with propecia. Ideally at 22 after graduating I get evaluate my hair loss and get a HT with no scarring and great results.

I think cure can be comming much sooner than we expect
    9th wchr seems very impressive especially its title rejuvenate, regenerate
    www.hair2015.org/
    Also one of the congress leader is Christiano the real guy

Quote Originally Posted by reasonistian View Post
    So what do you think?
    I think there will be nothing. Anyway i'm 27 now im starting to not care about my bald scalp, i think after 30 i will absolutely not care.
    On this weekend i visited meeting of my university mates, all males were bald and nobody care. Smart people dont do any accent on baldness, i know that's bad consolation... Sitting here you will waste your life for nothing, i tired from regimes and all this chemistry, feel myself like i have a cancer...

It's possible there will be a cure but I doubt it. Depends on how you define cure. I guess if you can inoculate yourself from balding that is in effect a cure. Cell based therapies will eventually pan out but it will take time to figure out all of the mechanics in the precise order. The likely outcome is that people with the least amount of hair loss will benefit first from any kind of treatment. The balder the person the more complications. For hair loss suffers time is a cruel mistress. As time passes the more a radical treatment becomes necessary.

BTW, not new I just lost my old account. I'm not a spammer.

i think you'll be able to have a full head of hair in 2025. i don't think male pattern baldness will be cured by 2025.