Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rog
    • Feb 2014

The hair follicle Dermal Stem Cell (hfDSC) Now Identified

Very interesting article on the most current understanding of Replicel and others investigating the ultimate progenitor of the key hair follicle related cells - the hair follicle dermal stem cell.

• FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

It seems like there is a lot of literature coming out that supports Replicel's work. I am becoming more and more hopeful for this company to bring an amazing treatment to us all in the next 4 years.

Comment

• Eric5
      • Jan 2015

I hope this isn't a stupid question but will the replicel and shiseido stem cell procedure be like a liquid injection or more like an fue where cells are individually planted?

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Eric5
        I hope this isn't a stupid question but will the replicel and shiseido stem cell procedure be like a liquid injection or more like an fue where cells are individually planted?
        There is support that combination of wounding + DPC or DSC or a combination of both results in hair growth. Not impossible, the cells are already there rather than relying on wounding and adding agents like Follica, but this is promising because once Replicel is approved, you could go in for a hair transplant and use the wounded areas from the donor and recipient to also receive injections of your own DSC cells.

This great because it'd give you potentially more hairs to be able to harvest from in the donor and thicken up your recipient area as well.

I'd LOVE for this to come to fruition.

Here's a paper that supports DPC/DSC cells turning into follicles with wounding:

We developed a nude rat model for determining the capacity of trichogenous cells to restore in vivo-damaged hair follicles (HFs). A surgical scalpel was inserted into the rat's dermis to generate the in vivo-damaged pelage HFs, the HFs whose lower parts were lost, but the upper parts containing seba …

Comment

Working...