+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I'm not sure why you are all so pessimistic. We've received some of the best news in about forever recently.

Cots work is going to trial, Replicel has major backing, sm is wnt only testing on extremely bald patients, scarless hair transplants w regen are coming
    +1

Yeah all those treatments will be out in 5+ years. Big deal when your in your 40s and old. I want a viable treatment when I am relatively young. Good for the 18-24 year olds right now. But for us NW3s who cannot take fin it still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Yeah all those treatments will be out in 5+ years. Big deal when your in your 40s and old. I want a viable treatment when I am relatively young. Good for the 18-24 year olds right now. But for us NW3s who cannot take fin it still sucks.
    False. All of these will be around in the next 3 years. Bim could be here next year, and the PGD2 treatment should be here within the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    False. All of these will be around in the next 3 years. Bim could be here next year, and the PGD2 treatment should be here within the next 3 years.
    Except the timelines are always bogus. I saw a very well respected transplant surgeon when I was 22. Said I had too much hair and was too young. That was 2 years ago. If treatments are coming within 3 years, minox, RU and Niz should hold me over. But 5-7? I'm going to have to hope I can get a transplant to bridge the gap.
    On a related note, they are anticipating that Replicel will work on transplanted areas of the scalp too right?

Replicel, in theory, will work on all areas of the scalp.

So I'm 17 and I have some slight thinning on my head. I can't really afford any of these future treatment right now because my jobs not one of the most high paying jobs (Burger King) but do you think there would be hope for me in the upcoming years in the hairloss industry and how expensive do you think these procedures would cost?

Anything like replicel is going to cost an arm and a leg I mean your kidding yourself to think otherwise. Prevention is and always be key to ever cost effectively beating MPB by keeping it to begin with verses trying to get it all back with an expensive procedure. Some men are in that boat though so your gonna need a lot of money to make that happen because lots of men are desperate to pay it for hair so you better believe they will charge a lot. If there is one thing the medical industry excels at its price gouging people.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Anything like replicel is going to cost an arm and a leg I mean your kidding yourself to think otherwise. Prevention is and always be key to ever cost effectively beating MPB by keeping it to begin with verses trying to get it all back with an expensive procedure. Some men are in that boat though so your gonna need a lot of money to make that happen because lots of men are desperate to pay it for hair so you better believe they will charge a lot. If there is one thing the medical industry excels at its price gouging people.
    If it will, then I'll bite the bullet and pay it. Sure, it'll suck to have to, but in the end it'll be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    If it will, then I'll bite the bullet and pay it. Sure, it'll suck to have to, but in the end it'll be worth it.
    +1

It will be SOO worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Lol I say you're both wrong. But deuce is more on track with his "+"